waxing and heat and stuff

Wednesday Nov 4, 2009

I have had enough of this disgusting heat that we’ve been having in Sydney. When I was coming home last night at 6:30 p.m. it was 38 degrees. That’s really fucking hot.

The reason why I hate it this year in comparison to last? I used to have reverse cycle air conditioning. Beautifully chilled and controllable air conditioning. This apartment, while insanely newer and nicer, is useless with no air conditioning whatsoever. As a result I’ve spent my lunch hour today searching for fans because I cannot spend another night like  last night wearing next to nothing and still hot and sweaty. I am a lady! Ladies perspire gently!

The weekend was busy but good, Friday night I had a couple of houseguests so I entertained and hosted and stuff. I also drank a lot of wine and champagne and woke up hungover Saturday morning. Saturday night was Sabine’s birthday party and it was good to see everyone and have muchos champagne. The top was cute, Sabine liked her new ring, food was great, just a really good night. Although I did get into a discussion argument with Bec’s husband because he is a complete douchebag. I knew there was a reason I didn’t like him but not giving a shit when your wife is upset puts you back on my “would kick in the kidneys if there was no else around” list.

Sunday I was lazy with a capital LAZE. It was lovely. Then I’d taken Monday off work and my cross trainer was delivered, I am an exercising machine. And by machine I mean I’ve been on it every day since I got it. Granted it’s only been 2 days but baby steps, people, baby steps.

I need a holiday. Actually I’d like to retire, but I’m going to need more than $7.00 in my savings account to retire at 28. I hate working, I don’t mind the work itself or the people I work with, but I’m just tired of getting up early every day and getting home late. And I’m just at a loss as to what else I could do. And then I think about the apartment/house I want to buy and if I have a debt of nearly half a million dollars giving up work is really not an option then.

Maybe, I’m just lazy and need to suck it up.

I’ve just heard rumours that they’re going to be doing a forced leave period over Christmas and New Years at work. That would be awesome, since right now Mel has put in for holidays over Christmas so I can’t go on leave. But if the business shuts down? Can totally not be at work and can actually spend time with Mum who will be over. Send Christmas shutdown vibes out, yes?

My beautician was in a hurry on Saturday and I think has damaged me. Not only did I accidentally open my eye while she was doing my eyelash tinting (dye in your eye burns like a motherfucker) (also I rhymed)  but I think the wax was a bit hot or she was using different stuff because shit aint’ right. Because you already know far too much about me I can tell you she occasionally (that’s a lie, she does it each month) waxes my upper lip. And now it looks like I’ve got pash rash. Seriously I don’t mind pash rash if I get to make out with a stubbled boy for a period of time. But no way in hell is it fair to get pash rash from waxing.

Fucking body hair.

On that delightful note I am out.

Argh wax. One time I got burned getting a brazilian. That shit definitely ain’t right.
It also itches a fuckload.

November 4th, 2009 | 6:32 pm

Oh dude, wax burns on vagina’s is just not on. I knew there was a reason I’d given up getting Brazilians done.

Ps – hope your sister demolishes her old work, complete douchebags.

November 4th, 2009 | 8:38 pm

That is exactly why I can’t wax my upper lip. I get that every time. I use a gentle hair removal cream from Avon that works wonders for me. 3 minutes and I’m done. I only get my eyebrows waxed now, mainly because I am not skilled enough to do my own and am a bit ocd when it comes to things being symmetrical and looking exactly alike. Which really doesn’t work with my eyes since one is just a tad on the lazy side…now I sound like a freak…may have to post a pic on my blog to explain further. 😛 And I am sending shutdown vibes out for you!

November 5th, 2009 | 1:46 am

Suvvygirl – It’s weird because I’ve never had an issue after waxing before, I’m red for about 10 minutes and then everything’s fine. Plus I’m lazy, and I figure if I’m lying down while I’m there she may as well as just do the rest.

And yes, pictures will stop the mental image I have of you right now 🙂

November 5th, 2009 | 7:29 am

That ring is AMAZING, it’s so beautiful! Great pick!

I have given up on all waxing. Getting my eyebrows done makes me bright red for days, hurts like a bitch and then most time the skin peels like a sunburn. It’s balls. I’ve never done anything to my lip, I don’t seem to have much body hair in general and I’ve never seen a hairs on my lip other than normal baby face hairs so I figured it’s better not to mess with it 😀

November 5th, 2009 | 11:12 am

You’re right too much for me to know! BUT that’s why you are the Lucy we all love and read,…..because you are real!
P.S. been getting up every morning at 5:30 -6:am for work and usually getting home after 7 each night, you’re right it sucks, since my heart surgery I have a whole new attitude and “waltz in” about 11ish in the morning, and am at the Pub “relaxing from a hard day” by 4 p.m. As a dear friend once said to me, “Eat dessert first,…life is short, and it’s a long time after that til you get more dessert!” – Mikey, RIP 2006
Mr. Guinness

November 5th, 2009 | 1:27 pm

In spite of those delightful images, I’m sending out Christmas shutdown vibes like crazy. So far nothing has shut down except my stupid sound card, but I’m sure I’ll hit your workplace eventually.

Stay cool, literally and figuratively.

Mark

November 5th, 2009 | 8:44 pm

Jen – You lucky wench, with your non existent body hair.

And I have to confess Sabine picked out that ring herself. Of course she had to pick the mot expensive ring but still she loved it.

Alec! It has been ages, where have you been?

I need to work wherever you’re working because I could really do with a 5 hour work day 🙂

Mark – It’s okay, if the images get too bad just go to your happy place.

And also, the shutdown vibes? They totally hit my work yesterday since we’ve got a shut down from Christmas Eve to the 7th of January. Fucking A.

November 6th, 2009 | 8:26 am