stuff

Wednesday Nov 12, 2008

Things I learnt at the wedding –

There are a lot of cynical single women, who seem to not enjoy going to weddings. Maybe they enjoy it, but going by the amount of comments made about being single and where the good men are it sure as hell didn’t seem like it. Single and cynical is not pleasant, and tends to reek of desperation. I never felt so happy about being single as comparing myself to these couple of girls.

I have aged well since high school. And by aged well I’ve just actually tamed my hair and like buying clothes. It’s good when you start off as a messy little indie kid, because the only way is up.

I do love a nice wedding, even when the father of the groom hits on both you and your sister while their wife is metres away.

By avoiding the dance floor all night, the bride is then happy for you just to dance for once song and sit down. Treat em’ mean.

When you go to a dodgy disadvantaged high school even the girl who was most likely to succeed will end up having 2 children by mid 20’s and look shabby.

Except for a bit of a family meltdown at my father I had a nice weekend. It was a big weekend though and I’m a little tired.

Let’s see, what else. Work is okay, I think Beth is having issues settling in living with her boyfriend DJ, even if it is only temporarily.

We’re having drinks this weekend to catch up so hopefully things have a settled a bit for them by then.

George is fine, he no longer sleeps inside with me at night and I’m feeling a little like the mother of a teenager. Yet he’s all sweet and smoodgy in the mornings when I see him, which is better than constantly either being smothered by a sleeping cat who likes to sleep on my neck, or woken up at 3:00 a.m. to him clawing me for him to be let out. So maybe I got the better end of the deal.

Uh, plans for this weekend include a visit to the beautician so she can pour hot wax on me and hurt me, and then paying her for the privilege. Sleeping. Watching the many DVD’s I borrowed from DJ. Cooking, cleaning. Standard nice relaxing weekend I think.

What about you, what are you up to this weekend?

Ah, nothing is sweeter than seeing that the bitchiest girl in school has grown into a washed up hag. Good work Lucy! I’m thinking about going to a four-hour pilates workshop this weekend, because I am crazy and obviously want to die. In reality, I’ll probably just sit on the couch instead.

November 12th, 2008 | 7:56 pm

Let me see, the weekend,…hmmm. Ok Saturday morning I get to play “patriot”, (one of my Condo Associations is being unfairly “taxed” by another who has summarily dismissed it’s legal requirements. they are having thier “Annual Owners Meeting” so I am going as a “proxy” (all legally done, signed and notarized) for my 24 owners, and in keeping with my “sick and twisted mind” tossing about 48 tea bags on the table with a note that says “taxation without representation is treasonous”!) Heh,heh,heh, looking forward to being an “arse” There are only forty of them so no worries I can take ’em, kick thier walkers, pinch off thier Intravenous lines, etc. 🙂
Then it’s off to the Pub to watch Boston College defeat Florida State University in Football, dinner with my wife (her restaurant choice this weekend) and off to the new James Bond flick that opens Friday “Quantum of Solace”. Sunday I’ll go to church, play on the computer, and recover.

November 12th, 2008 | 11:41 pm

R.A.T – It is seriously a great feeling, she wasn’t even the bitchiest just had a superior complex and no personality. So it’s nice to see that she now looks as bland as her personality.

(That was a little bitchy wasn’t it?)

And 4 hours of pilates? You hate yourself don’t you? Why would you subject yourself to that kitten?

Alec – Beating old people and making tea party jokes, nice one Guinness.

Also, I love Daniel Craig, so be sure to let me know if he looks as beautiful as ever.

November 13th, 2008 | 8:57 am

Taking pleasure in the misfortunes of others? Tut tut!

Besides, what do you think they’re saying about you?

November 14th, 2008 | 5:32 pm

Dude, I’m a girl, I know exactly what they would be saying. Besides she’s pregnant, has a doctorate and is no doubt happy where she is. Why would she, or I, care what a girl who I went to school with a decade ago had to say?

Answer – not much.

November 14th, 2008 | 5:45 pm

So you can criticise each other to make yourselves feel better, and neither of you get offended? Do you know how daft that sounds?

November 15th, 2008 | 12:59 pm

Wait, are you serious? You’re calling me out because I bitched about a girl I don’t like?

Out of all of the things I do, and I’ve done, this is what you insult me about?

Really?

November 15th, 2008 | 2:38 pm

No, I’m not insulting you – it’s just that I don’t see the point in criticising someone if they wouldn’t be offended by what you’re saying. Perhaps you should think up some better criticisms?

November 16th, 2008 | 3:37 pm

Dude, your comments were insulting. The last line was particularly bitchy. Which is funny considering.

This is simple – next time you’re going to comment here and be rude in, don’t bother.

November 16th, 2008 | 4:00 pm

Ouch! ….

In defence of Mark here (hey) ….

The Post: “This is mean, but when you have a superiority complex and claim to be better than everyone I will enjoy it when you’re tired and washed up by 27.” …..

That doesn’t seem to be tarring with the same brush as the revised version, The Comment : “Besides she’s pregnant, has a doctorate and is no doubt happy where she is. Why would she, or I, care what a girl who I went to school with a decade ago had to say?'” …..

nay?

When one engages in serial posting (as I unfortuantely don’t do, but then I [seriously] don’t have your level of finese in this forum…) and then slabs those who make not-inconsistent commentary of said posts is a slightly overzealous, don’t you think?

Adam

p.s – i’m at work now for this is the first time i’ve been able to draw myself away from the meat coma hangover ….. dang……

p.p.s – Lucy can explain the meat coma to others if she so wishes 🙂

November 16th, 2008 | 6:18 pm

OK. You’re right – things come out differently when you write them, and I need to be more careful.

Still, I think something is going on that I’m not aware of. Whatever it is, just know that I never meant to sound mean or disapproving. You always have my full support 🙂

November 17th, 2008 | 2:22 am