friday night

Friday Nov 7, 2008

So I’m sitting at home with my Dad and sister on a Friday night watching Ghostworld. I know, you want to be me.

The wedding’s tomorrow in the Hunter Valley, I have the dress, I have the shoes. Now all I have to do is make it through the mini school reunion we’ve got going on. There will be in total 6 girls who I went to high school with who’ll be attending, 6 of whom I do not like. Luckily the bride kinda likes me so is sitting me in between my sister and dad, so I have a buffer zone. Luckily she likes me, since I broke her leg when we were about 4. Allegedly anyway. Who remembers what happens when you’re 4?

Bygones.

Turns out when I said to my sister to book us a little B&B, to her that meant a villa in a 5 star resort. Bloody snob. At least we’re in a separate room from the paternal snorer.

I am fucking exhausted, this week I’ve stayed up far too late playing my Nintendo DS. Lego Indiana Jones if you’re interested. Luckily I finished the game last night. Unluckily I downloaded a Harry Potter game today so it looks like I have to keep going with a little sleep.

Beth is looking after George for the wedding, she’s not a big fan of cats but as long as she feeds him I’m okay. Poor kitten.

I bought two new shirts last weekend. They were my new favourite blouses for summer. I went to get them off the line last night to wear this weekend, and they were gone. Someone stole my goddamned shirts, who does that? I’m the only chubby girl in the apartment block so it’s not like if some girl in the building took it that they could wear it. And if it was a stranger why steal my new black blouse and purple blouse? Wwhhhhyyy?

Also don’t washing line clothes stealers take underwear or something? I had quality lucky underpants on the line. And they also left my Goodies t-shirt. Why take two awesome tops and leave the Goodies? Bad taste I say.

Anyway I’m beat, so I’m off to sleep in the single bed I slept in for my teen years, and wake up everytime I turn over.

Ross:

I found on Facebook that I have a school reunion just before Christmas.

High school was a car crash for me so I’m not going. I’m can’t help indulging in some rubbernecking with the guest list though.

November 7th, 2008 | 8:36 pm

Yeah, my 10 year reunion has been scheduled for the same time.

Pre-Facebook I was intent on going, I had a pretty good time at school and was curious. But now with the wonders of Facebook like you I’ve been stalking old classmates.

And since I know now who spawned (everyone it seems), who got fat (the boys, and uh me) and who got successful (totally me) I have no need to go.

Ps – I’m so glad you’re still around, I missed you around here 🙂

November 7th, 2008 | 9:14 pm

I too have never been the “high school dude”, it was a good period, but not that good that I want to live in the past, that being said my 50th reunion is in 2012, one of my old chums from High School is now the Principal, and I’m sure all the a**holes I couldn’t stand then are probably either taking the long “grass nap”, or unsure which part of ther walkers need the oil. So maybe I’ll drop forty pounds, pump up, and show up just for giggles. Not a huge business or collegial successs figure, but “Hey guys, I’m still on this side of the grass!

November 7th, 2008 | 11:28 pm

Well I hope the wedding went well. That would be a bit awkward well maybe more annoying or irratating to have to be around that many girls from high school that you don’t like. Thankfully I don’t really keep in contact with anyone I ever went to school with except for my friend Tits. What did your dress look like anyway? We’ve seen the shoes, now we want to see the dress. 🙂 And boo to whomever took your shirts.

November 8th, 2008 | 5:39 am

Laundry Theives! I swear that has to be the lamest thing ever. I mean, you expect people to go after your cash and toys (like your flashy digi-camera or plasma tv), but laundry? Especialluy if it’s crap you’ve already worn. Pbbbt 😛 I hope there is a special circle of hell for laundry theives.

Incidentally, I hope you had fun at the wedding. 🙂

November 8th, 2008 | 4:30 pm

I didn’t know Ross had such a bad time in high school. I thought he was pretty popular. He played guitar…

November 9th, 2008 | 4:32 pm

50th reunion? Good lord Alec. Did you go to your 10 or 20th reunions?

Suvvy – Wedding was lovely, and the mini-reunion wasn’t too bad. I was at the rowdy table so just had a few champagne’s with them and it all good.

I’ll get some photos of the dress and shoes, I looked superb 🙂

Winter – I know! I mean they were MY favourite tops, to anyone else they would’ve just been a couple of cute cotton shirts from Target. I mean who steals Target clothes? That’s just lame.

Mark – Girls dig guitars almost as much as scars, so Ross should’ve been fine. What about you? What was Mark in High School like?

November 10th, 2008 | 7:27 am

Beats the hell out of me. Nah, I was just normal. Very shy. Hung out with some uncool people, played a lot of NES, got ok grades without trying. Got into one fight but the other guy was just punching me in the back as I walked away. Went out with a couple of girls but never went all the way. Learned some Japanese and how to scuba dive. It was OK.

November 10th, 2008 | 3:21 pm

[…] you know how two of my new favourite top/blouses were stolen off my clothes line the other week? I totally won (won what I do not know yet, but follow me with it) because I found one of the […]

November 24th, 2008 | 8:18 pm