so so sad

Monday Oct 20, 2008

I think there’s some kind of brain switch that is clicked on when certain people get into relationships that mean they’re unable to get the concept of a girls night out or boys night out.

The concept should be simple enough, you go out for a period of time with only girls or boys allowed.

So on a boys night only boys are invited and should turn up. There are no wives, girlfriends, friends who are girls. If you have a vagina you’re not allowed. Ditto with girls nights out, if you have a penis you’re not invited.

I know smart people like yourselves will get this, yet why is it that one of our friends was going to join us with her boyfriend and why did Beth, who is a clever girl and bagged the first girl for wanting to bring her boyfriend, call her boyfriend to join us at the end of the night?

It annoys me, this is the first girls night we’ve had in literally years and she was going home to his house that night.

Lame, with a capital Lame.

In other news I did not get spoon this weekend and I do not wish to discuss it because it’s far far too sad.

Oh Lucy. I can’t believe that the sacred rule of Girls Nights was broken. Maybe it’s just the adjustment of going from lots of couples events to a No Penis event?

October 20th, 2008 | 8:52 pm

Guys nights out usually work becasue we “say” we are going to be doing something the girls would want no part of, (but having the full and unalienable right to change our mind, usually after we’ve left the house, we do!) Next time arrange girls night out to be attending a beginners lessons on the sewing machine, or a lecture on the benefits of natural child birth, trust me it will just be the girls, (then do like all women,(and men who won’t admit it do)change your mind about twen minutes after you leave the house, and “forget” to tell the guys. ALWAYS works 🙂
Mr. Guinness
(It’s not a lie, just a joint re-assessment of venues based on mood, perfectly legal!

October 20th, 2008 | 9:56 pm

It’s always frustrating when evenings don’t go how you hoped they would. Sadly enough my “girls” nights out are usually with my guy friends. And oddly enough none of them are gay. I’m sorry you didn’t get spoon this weekend. I hope this upcoming weekend with bode better for you 🙂

October 21st, 2008 | 4:40 am

R.A.T – Just between you and me the core girls were all for the girls night only/no penis thing, it was only towards the end of the night that D.J. turned up after Beth called him, and I think that Beth was just sloshed and felt like drunken making out.

Which I had to respect because hell, who doesn’t like that. She’s still lame though.

Alec – In this case though the boys had their own night organised that include a Motor show and the pub afterwards, they were actually all in bed asleep by the time we finished up and D.J was particular awkward about being there when he was asked for the 3rd time what he was doing there. Poor bugger.

My friends are generally way for segregated nights occasionally, and knowing them if they thought we were doing some kind of cross stitch girl thing they wouldn’t come 

Suvvy – It was a great night nonetheless, I mean the lone boy didn’t turn up until the last half hour so we had a lovely girls night before that. But yeah, the boys only/ girls only rule is totally not a guideline or a suggestion.

I mean turning up as the only girl to a boys night only thing is just not going to happen.

October 21st, 2008 | 9:06 am
Daniel:

It made me laugh that you kept asking him what he was doing there. Poor bastard, that’ll learn him. (And am I the only one who thinks there’s much more potential fun when the girlfriend comes home after GNO giddily happy and absolutely drunk? Maybe I’m more manipulative than I thought… :p)

October 21st, 2008 | 4:27 pm

Daniel – Hee, that’s me all time favourite seduction technique 🙂

October 21st, 2008 | 4:37 pm

Its also my favourite technique, but without the spelling mistakes…..

October 21st, 2008 | 4:38 pm
Daniel:

Arr matey, the first one works for me. 😉

October 21st, 2008 | 4:43 pm

What does a pirate drive?

October 21st, 2008 | 4:49 pm
Daniel:

Hmm…I don’t know. What does a pirate drive?

October 22nd, 2008 | 10:46 am

A CCAAARRRRGGGHH.

Heh.

October 22nd, 2008 | 12:22 pm
Daniel:

LOL *applause*
XD

October 22nd, 2008 | 3:19 pm

Thank you, thank you. I’ll be here all night.

October 22nd, 2008 | 3:21 pm

LOL. It’s funny because a pirate drives a ship, not a car!

October 22nd, 2008 | 10:21 pm