stuff

Friday Oct 19, 2007

I am hungover today and I am not happy.

This morning I woke up head pounding and possibly still a little drunk, threw some pants on (luckily, as you’ll soon see why) and stumbled out for coffee and a cigarette. Because Iw as already feeling like shit I’d run out of milk and had my coffee black.

So I’m sitting outside wearing my big flanelette pyjama bottoms, the most threadbare old Foo Fighters t-shirt – holes everywhere and pretty much see through, no bra, hair a mess smoking when my Lite n Easy delivery dude comes to delivery my food for the week. He is, of course, the healthiest looking human being I’ve ever laid eyes on.

First he looked scared (the hair in the morning? Wow) then I’m pretty sure I saw pity in his eyes for the chubby, unfit, smoking girl.

1. Fuck you.
2. Did you bring me milk in your delivery for my coffee? No? Fuck you then.
3. Fuck you.

That pretty much set the tone for today.

But! It was the weekend and I’m staying back at work and I have cancelled all plans for this weekend. I’m tired and over socialising at the moment, I’ve been out most weekends for the past month and I am done. So there is little planned bar shopping, sleeping, reading, eating.

Fun times.

I’m thinking of dating a man I used to work with. He is my arch nemesis and we quarrel constantly, he is also horrendously tall (like I’m 5’3 he’s 6’7), but he’s grown a beard lately and we all know my beard weakness. Obviously I kinda like him but the beard is the deciding factor, probably not the strongest reason to start dating someone though is it? For facial hair?

I think I’m far more bored than I realise.

Should have had him take a picture and send it to us. I can’t imagine ANYONE with your self-confidence feeling “funky” in the morning, all night party or not!
I have been chuckling just imagining you sitting on the stoop, fangs bared, ready to bite off anyone coming by that even looked twice. God I love the thought.
Sorry have to go,….laughing too hard to continue.
GO LUCY!!!!

October 19th, 2007 | 7:36 pm
stella:

Um. It is the strongest reason. I promise. Or maybe I’m more misguided than I thought.

October 21st, 2007 | 6:42 pm
Adam:

3 things:

1. When in Switzerland, this system speaks to you in German… 🙂

2. You two are thinking about dating….. this is almost more exciting than my whole damn holiday

3. Ok… maybe not *that* exciting, but exciting never the the less

A

p.s – Miss you to 🙂

October 22nd, 2007 | 2:36 pm
Rambling Mumma:

At least beard guy didn’t see you in the Foo shirt and the PJ bottoms.

October 23rd, 2007 | 3:09 am
DelightfulJen:

Dating a very tall guy gives you a chance to wear very high heels, should the mood stike you. It has it’s benefits.

October 23rd, 2007 | 3:20 pm

Alec – I hate to burst your bubble on this one but I’m not terribly charming until I’ve had a coffee in the morning.

So to be confronted with a stranger when I looked like arse and felt just as bad the poor bugger didn’t stand a chance 🙂

Stella – Yeah, I feel terribly shallow that a beard would be the major reason for looking at a guy differently, but really just colour me shallow.

Adam – No, see right now he has no idea, I think anyway.

See what happens when you go on holiday? I get bored and decide to do silly things.

Wait til you get to France, their keyboards messed with my head quite badly.

But again, it doesn’t take much to confuse me so you should be okay.

Rambling Mumma – Thank god for small mercies. The boys don’t get to see that look until months into the dating normally 🙂

D’Jen – This is the very tall boy i think you commented on a while ago. But 5’3 versus 6’7 would mean I’d be wearing those clear heeled stripped shoes and I’d still not be anywhere near close in height.

And wow, if I struggle in flats the heels will end me.

October 23rd, 2007 | 4:54 pm