no finance!

Friday Oct 12, 2007

So, will power didn’t work out too well for me. Turns out bronchitis is stronger than my sheer stubbornness.

You learn something new everyday.

Luckily I’m on the mend, and though I still sound like a man and now have a chapped nose from all the nose blowing (hot!) I feel much better.

This week work wise has been great, no near tear moments and considering I should be evil and weepy at about this time of the month this is a sheer miracle. Although this week has involved far too much financial coding stuff. I don’t know how many more conversations I have to have where I go, “I’m an IT specialist. IT! No finance!”. If you’ve been reading here for any length of time you’ll know that working with numbers and figures makes my head hurt and fucks me right off.

I’m already regretting the signing up for mixed netball. But Beth has promised that we’re allowed cigarette breaks during half time (or is it quarters in netball?) and beer afterwards. Seriously, I’m overweight, I smoke, I’m terribly unfit and unco-ordinated and I’m playing organised sports?

What the fuck am I thinking?

Tomorrow night involves drinks and dinner at Beth’s where I’ve been told there will be a 24 drinking game. Essentially any time Jack Bauer asks Chloe for the schematics or yells there’s no time! we drink. Just between you and I, I think I might be quite drunk by the end of it.

I think I need help. As you can it’s a little later in the day and I’m at work. I’m still at work because my manager was off today and I don’t have to beg her shamelessly to be allowed to work back an extra hour or two. And see what happens when I work back? I get all of my work done for the day and I post. I think you guys should persuade my boss to let me work longer hours.

And that last sentence is why I need help.

I have a question for you – how often do you go out each week?

For me 2 nights a week is the perfect amount for me. One big night on the weekend, one big night on a school night. But the thing is I would be perfectly happy to stay at home each weekend and not do much else. Is this normal? Are most people out raging every night and I’m just the nanna my friends call me?

Anyway I hope you all have a great weekend.

non-Blondie:

I’m poor and I have no friends so I go ‘out’ out maybe once a week. I’m now considering going to the gym as going out and in that case I am off the fricking chain I go like 5 times a week, people are worried that I have a problem.

October 12th, 2007 | 4:29 am

okay non-blondie, that was probably one of the funniest comments i’ve seen here in a while….

October 12th, 2007 | 5:38 am
colonel eggroll:

I go out maybe once a month, sometimes not at all. My weekends usually consist of watching movies and going for walks. What can I say? I live an exciting life!

October 12th, 2007 | 7:47 am

Depends on what you mean by “out”. I stop by my “local Pub” every day for a pint or two, out by 6 p.m. and home to eat supper, relax with my dearest, and in bed by ten, latest! I know,…sounds boring as shit, but up at 5:30 to 6 a.m., off to work by seven-thirty,….what the hell!
If I were younger, maybe I’d do a night or two a week, with a hellacious Saturday evening, but, at my age it’s about having a beer with friends, nice conversation, making a few bets on the races (trotters), catching up on “gossip” meeting my buddy “Woody”, (a genuine Tennis hall of famer!!), meeting his two boys (age 30 and 32), and hanging out.
Ahhhh, I think back to days of yore, hoping to “hit” during the evening, and going home alone and in a “pre-hang over state”.
Nah! I’ll take the old fart, no pressure, no demands, and enough respect that no body would DARE take my bar stool!
Lucy, cheer up, go for life, (the alternative sucks!)

October 12th, 2007 | 7:05 pm
Racho:

I go out, uh, never. :/

BUT! I sure get to watch a lot of TV.

October 13th, 2007 | 3:31 am
nailpolishblues:

Once a week at my local. The bar staff set the clock by us. Then it’s booze until closing.
I am tragic.

I going to one’s local even going out, really?

October 14th, 2007 | 12:33 am

I go out anywhere from once or twice a week to once or twice a month, often with Colonel Eggroll. 😀 Depends on what’s going on.

Sorry that bronchitis trumped your will power. I just woke up with a cold today, the day before my vacation starts. 🙁 I’m going to try a combination of wiskey and will power, we’ll see if that works.

October 14th, 2007 | 12:34 am

colonel – but see movies and walking sounds nice. Plus no hangover….. Alec- somehow I think you would’ve been trouble with a capital T. And I wish I could do the local thing more often like you. But even though my friends live relatively close they’re not local enough. I think I’m just a little burnt out with the current social scene, too much drama and hassle at the moment. Racho – that is the one big bonus, although my foxtel and I have a very close bond. Nailpolish – The local totally counts, I kinda count it as a soft out because if it takes me a whole 2 minutes to get home it just seems too easy. Winter – See now, that sounds like the perfect balance, plus hanging out with colonel is the icing on the cake. Also I hope you’re feeling better soon too chicken.

October 15th, 2007 | 3:32 am