quickly

Monday Aug 20, 2007

Quickly quickly, I’m stealing my Dad’s internet for a wee while before I head off to the “House of Mormon”. There will be no alcohol, but Meg keeps coffee there for me. Oh sweet rebellious Mormon friends. So far I’ve –

– Gone and visited my Grandma. Because I am a rockstar granddaughter I’m typing her memoirs for her. Let’s just say that I spent my 20th birthday giving myself alcohol poisoning, she spent it being shelled in Dover during the war. She is a tough cookie.

– Applied for a hideously large (to me) mortgage. Will have confirmation if we’ve got the house probably later this week.

– Slept for an average of 10 hours a day. My eye bags have receded and my eye twitch is no more.

– Tormented Dad’s cat for getting so fat (she is actually my old cat so it comes from a place of love) by singing Money by Abba, but replacing Money with Fatty. Dad says I’ll give her a complex. I say she’s a cat. Dad has long conversations with Lily, I think he likes it because she doesn’t talk back or argue with him.

– Going through baby photos of me and my sister with Dad and hearing a comment of “Ooh, Dad’s a little stoned in that one isn’t he?” introduces you to my hippy childhood.

– Also I was cute, no (I’m on the right)

And that’s all I’ve got time for, hope you’re being good.

Sounds like you are having fun…trips down your own memory paths and those of elder family members are always fun. 🙂

August 20th, 2007 | 6:04 pm
DelightfulJen:

Eeeeeee, you are SO cute!!

I’m happy to hear you are sleeping like a normal person and the twitches are going, it’s a very good sign 🙂

Good luck with the mortgage, how exciting!

August 20th, 2007 | 6:14 pm

Indiana – It has been fun, it’s nice to get out of your own head for a while and listen to someone else’s stories.

D’Jen – It’s a particular cute photo that one, one of my favourites, I was horrendously chubby though as you can see in the photo.

Alas the recommended sleep of 6-8 hours is fine and dandy for a while but a 10 hour bout every now and then is just heaven.

August 20th, 2007 | 6:19 pm
Miss Natalie:

when i hear stories of my father escaping a country i sometimes can’t believe it – could that really have happened to someone i know let alone my daddy?

mortgage + money money money (fatty) you’ve obviously go $$ on your mind – hope it all goes well and watch out for those hidden charges on most loan products 🙂

August 20th, 2007 | 6:30 pm
Grump:

Well I wish I wasn’t being so good. For us poor buggers that have to work we stay sober and straight. I think I’ll tell my kids that I escaped from a fascist country run by a made politician overseen by a inbred monarch.
cheers
Mark x

August 20th, 2007 | 11:07 pm
Chesty LaRue:

Oh you were so cute! *Insert obligatory but totally not at all based in reality joke … ‘what happened?’*

Heh.

And a whole bunch of other stuff, soon to come. Glad to see you’re enjoying your break.

August 21st, 2007 | 2:00 am
Anonymous:

Good to know you are relaxing,…enjoy and see you soon on the regular basis on the web. (I knew you were a blond deep at heart! 🙂 )

Mr. Guinness

August 21st, 2007 | 5:37 am

Bastard thing ate my comment. I’m sure it was a nice one.

August 22nd, 2007 | 11:19 pm
colonel eggroll:

Lucy=the cuteness.

Glad you’re enjoying your time off.

August 27th, 2007 | 3:19 pm

Look how blonde your hair was? Too cute, and your dad is a riot. I’d give anything to get my old man stoned.

August 31st, 2007 | 4:59 am

OK, so uit’s been a while but to me, who is back briefly and able to look at Blogs, I am just happy to catch up with your goings on – which, I am happy to say, is business as usual. Good on you, Loosey – don’t you be stoppin’ bloging, though

September 8th, 2007 | 3:44 am
colonel eggroll:

Lucy, where are you? 🙁 we miss you in blogland!

September 15th, 2007 | 12:39 pm