wholemeal

Sunday Aug 12, 2007

– While wholemeal pasta is all healthy and good, and low GI and all that shit – but it tastes like arse.

– I’ve napped for a grand total of 7 hours this weekend and it has been glorious.

– This weather in Sydney has been delicious. I went out last night for dinner and drinks in Cockle Bay and wore a skirt and no jacket. It was awesome. And it’s still WINTER!

– I have drunk a lot of beer this weekend. Between that and the massive bowl of wholemeal pasta I’m lying on my lounge feeling like a beached whale. It’s hot.

– To the person who came here by googling “retching for over a month now” – go see a doctor. Like now, that shit can not be normal.

– I really shouldn’t have laugh at that search but I did.

– I think we’ve found a house. It gorgeous, and well priced and I think we’re going to make an offer.

– I was speaking to Beth last night about the 10 year school reunion we’ve got next year and how we wouldn’t miss it for the world. I have good memories from high school. I had great friends (including Beth and Meg), loved what I was learning and except for standard teen angst and douchebag people I don’t have any horror stories. Probably because I was pretty much the same as I am now. But with more angst. And bad skin. But kind hearted angst? I once punched a boy in the face because he was picking on a friend of mine. The one and only time I’ve been violent but it was worth it. Also I am terribly nosy so the idea of seeing who did well, who stagnated, who got married, who got hot, who got fat sounds awesome.

– Work has been busy, I’m liking the plan of keeping busy because if I stop and think that in a couple of weeks I’ll be starting a new job and will have a mortgage the idea makes me slightly dizzy.

– One of my friends told me she has a girlfriend last night. And by proxy gay. I almost cried I was so happy for her. I’d suspected she was, but she’s a private person and asking wasn’t my business. She won’t be telling her parents for now. They’re Catholic, and from a country town so she’s not ready for that yet. I get to meet the girlfriend next week. And when she’s ready we’re having a party celebrating her becoming a raging lesbian. It’s going to be awesome.

Chesty LaRue:

So … it was you in Cockle Bay that made all the good restaurants full …

Thanks, Lucy. Remind me on your birthday to go eat nice food so you have to go to the shitest restaurant in the area …

Unless you were in Blackbird, then as you were. And *nelson voice* haha!

August 12th, 2007 | 2:11 pm
Chesty LaRue:

All of the above with love, in case it wasn’t shining through …

August 12th, 2007 | 2:12 pm

WOW!!! So much for a “dull” weekend. Being a bit of a “perfectionist” (like hell, but some things resonate) what do you mean “we may have found a house”? Besides myself, and the Pope, very few folks talk of the plural, i.e. “we”. Is there something I want to know, but otherwise is none of my F**kin’ business?
And major Kudo’s for punching a boy, more girls should do it! I’ve always believed in total equality and if you want ot punch more boys,….GO FOR IT! (Start with John, GBE’s ex, I really miss her commentary on life.
Well sail on girl, it’s time for me to contemplate my next blog, working title is “So what the fuck do I do now!” it’s about being the political “fall guy” and wanting to really do “one up” and have the clients dump the firm, sue the shit out of them, and re-hire me as thier management God!
Sorry a couple of pints and a lovely glass of your Australian Shiraz make me delusional!
Oh to have a daughter like you!

August 12th, 2007 | 5:46 pm

I got sunburnt on my nose on Saturday. Sunburnt in the middle of winter!! The world’s gone mad.

August 12th, 2007 | 7:22 pm

Why does everything thats good for us taste like arse and the bad shit taste so frikkin good?

August 12th, 2007 | 11:42 pm
Miss Natalie:

wholemeal pasta is like eating cardboard!

oh, how wonderful was Saturday – i was out in a sleeveless top in Manly that night. Beautiful winter, shame about today Grrrrrr

my 10 year reunion was last year. such a good night i even did the cliche of hooking up with one of my former school mates hehehhe

August 13th, 2007 | 12:29 am

OK, not to sound pedantic, but you want to say ‘by extension gay’ or ‘by implication gay.’ To be gay by proxy would mean to get another woman to have sex with your girlfriend rather than doing it yourself. Funny image, but not what I imagine is going on with your friend.

PS: who is the ‘we’ you’re buying a house with? Do you have a husband I don’t know about?

August 13th, 2007 | 1:39 am

Chesty – Oh no, I felt the love just radiating from that comment ๐Ÿ™‚

Plus dude, if I’d known you were out there we could’ve had a drink afterwards. I had muchos beer after dinner and you are indeed a good drinking partner.

Alec – The Australian shiraz is indeed a dangerous drink.

And the we refers to me and my Dad, we’re buying a house together – him to live in, me as an investment.

Although I do like to use the royal we occasionally, just for shits and giggles ๐Ÿ™‚

Steph – Was it not completely weird? I enjoyed the heat on Saturday for a grand total of an hour before I got bored with it and came inside.

All I can say is I’m glad we got a little taste of summer on a weekend rather than during the week when we would’ve all missed it.

Natalie – Saturday night was lovely, it’s not often a winters night means no coat and no shivering.

I’m glad someone else was excited about the reunion, although with the boys I went to school with I’ll probably hold off on the making out ๐Ÿ™‚

Mark – I’ve only just got home from work so I’m tired and in a foul mood.

So, for the love of all that is good in the world, please keep the pedantic grammar comments to a minimum, i.e. none.

August 13th, 2007 | 4:26 am

God Lucy, we are on opposite ends of the world!!
As I was sitting in my favorite Pub (you guess which one and I’ll send you a tee shirt!), I popped out my Blackberry to check on messages and fell into my “clock” program. It was 4:45pm here as I savored the cool pint in the 108 degree heat index here in Florida, when I noticed my “check other locations” button and hit “Sidney”,…SHIT it was 7:45 A.M. there!!!
Good news is that as you head out to work you know Mr. Guinness will always be enjoying a pint after a hard day while you face “slavery” for eight hours,…God don’t you love it!!
๐Ÿ™‚

August 13th, 2007 | 4:51 pm

You’re such a good friend for having a “becoming a raging lesbian” party for your friend! ๐Ÿ™‚

Everybody seems to be buying houses this year, or getting married, or having babies, or some combination of the above.

I still have three years before I have to decide whether or not I’m going to my high school reunion…I don’t know I might have something better to do, like watch paint dry.

August 13th, 2007 | 11:09 pm

Alec – I like to see it in reverse – on a Monday night when I’m relaxing with a glass of wine it’s Monday morning for you and you have a looonnng day ahead of you.

Hee hee.

Winter – Thanks, if it’s taken her nearly 30 years to realise she’s gay then surely a single party is required, nay needed to celebrate the decision.

Also if it helps I’m thinking of the mortgage thing as just paying more rent. If I stop and think about the commitment I will retch.

August 14th, 2007 | 4:07 am
colonel eggroll:

It’s 2 years till my reunion, and I’m already pondering whether I’ll go. If I do, I think it will be eventful. Most of the people I liked in high school I still talk to now, so I’m not really sure.

Good luck with the house! Looking forward to seeing pictures. ๐Ÿ™‚