god, belligerent drinking, labour, drinking

Tuesday Aug 7, 2007

After dealing with the complete arseholes I work with all day I couldn’t wait to leave work tonight.

So I came home and washed all of my walls and blinds with sugar soap.

It’s all good clean fun at Casa de Lucy.

Shouldn’t it be when you resign from a job that you get to slack until you finish? Aren’t they the rules? I’m not getting to slack yet, this week is nuts, but the plan for next week is long lunches, shopping in my lunch break, coming in late and leaving early.

And then on the week off, after I get this house hunting shizzat out of the way, I have a plan to have a least a couple of days where I’m drunk by early afternoon. Now, this plan hopefully involves drinking during the day with friends. But because I believe in achieving the goals you set in life if I have to do it on my own then I’m dragging a blanket out to my backyard and drinking on my own until I start yelling at overhead planes and my neighbours for being noisy. Ahh belligerent drunkenness, is there anything better?

Also Meg had her second baby. She had a 2 and a half hour labour. Her first child was a 2 hour labour from first contractions to delivery. Now, she’s a Mormon so she has God on her side. But if that’s what it takes for a 2 hour labour then point me in the direction of the nearest LDS worshippy place. Seriously, my sister put my mother through 27 hours of labour. I’m going with God if there’s a chance won’t happen.

So I’ll heading to the Mormon household to corrupt the toddler and nibble on the babies toes and try and make Meg drink wine. Another good plan.

And this weekend I plan to finally get horrendously drunk with the work kids (because really, I only have one more week to go, how little could I care if I make a fool of myself?) Friday night, dinner at I’m Angus Saturday with beer and steak and Sunday sleeping it off.

Good times.

Chesty LaRue:

I’ll come drink with you.

*monday – friday excluded*

But the sugar soap washing thing … wierd. Very very wierd.

August 7th, 2007 | 2:18 pm

Beer and Steak…Sunday you will not only be sleeping…LOL

August 7th, 2007 | 5:17 pm
Grump:

Oh to have the your constitution. Rock solid by the sound of it. Sugar soap in the morning and beer all afternoon. I would probably be dead by nightfall. Do it while you can.
Woof x

August 7th, 2007 | 6:15 pm

“I’m dragging a blanket out to my backyard and drinking on my own”

First step on you way to bogandom. Next you’ll be trading bottles for goon and writing ungrammatical love letters to prison inmates.

August 8th, 2007 | 7:11 pm

Chesty – Awesome, although I just love the idea of drinking when everyone else is working. Sweet sweet rebellion.

Re the sugar soap, I’m stress out. And when I’m stressed I clean. Or drink. Figure cleaning is cheaper and no hangover.

Indiana – You, my dear, are a disgusting boy. 🙂

Grump – Rest assured a day like that and I’ll be napping and sleeping as much as possible the next day.

I’ve got the will of a 20 year old and the constitution of a 70 year old.

Mark – Mmmm goon. I went to a dodgy high school, I speak bogan fluently….

August 9th, 2007 | 3:26 am

Yo! Miss Lucy,
I gotta tell you I WAS BORN TO EARLY!!!!
You are absolutely, positively the luckiest girl on earth that we were not “of equal age”, or I’d be flying to Australia tomorrow. You understand life, love people, and KNOW the world would be far better if everyone was not as “serious”. For as Helen Keller said, “Life is either an adventure,…or it is nothing.”
After the week I’ve had, it is a breath of fresh air to read you.

(P.S. NO sexual conitation made or implied, but every morning when I roll over and “spoon” with my wife I have to chuckle and remember who told me the explanation of the term “spoon”. And it is really what we as a human race need a lot more of,….every day. We tend to take ourselves too seriously.
End of Soap box!!

August 9th, 2007 | 6:25 pm

LOL U HAS LOVRZ!

August 9th, 2007 | 10:25 pm

Oh, also:

Nope, thought we’d have a cosy date.

With other people.

You bring yours, I’ll bring mine. Email to come. Except I don’t know your email.

Sounds like a swinger’s party. Cool. My email is my name at my site.

August 10th, 2007 | 2:43 am

Aah Alec, glad to be of service.

Although somehow I’m not sure the wife would be happy about you thinking about another woman during the spoon. Could be trouble there 🙂

Mark – I stand by my oft repeated quote of ‘you’re weird’.

No swinging but e-mail to come.

August 12th, 2007 | 4:32 am