one nil

Monday Jul 30, 2007

Points to note about today….

– I got to work this morning at 6am.

(This is fucked up)

– I resigned.

(I felt sick before doing it, but then afterwards my boss sulked so I got over that. Plus he lied about the reasons why the permanent role and pay rise didn’t come through. Making me work like a pack mule I can live with. Lie to me and you’re dead to me)

I’ve given 3 weeks notice, taking a week holiday and then I start the new job working at the same company as this man.

This is awesome news. I am thoroughly sick of people suggesting that because of the job I do and the salary I get that I should suck it up. To these people I say get stuffed. Can’t buy your sanity back. And can’t buy my health. And my job title isn’t going to take THIS GODDAMN EYE TWITCH AWAY!!!!

*Ahem*

In other news I haven’t been to the gym since I started this job, I saw the new Harry Potter movie on Saturday with Beth (awesome), I want to have a Harry Potter post-morterm chat with Rob (get on gmail chat!), my lucky skull underpants meant today was awesome (despite having 6 large coffees before 3 pm – I started having heart palpitations so I stopped) I made fun of the boy who drinks chamomile tea in my team (fucking hippy) and I’m waiting for Zach to win Big Brother so I can go to bed.

Crappy job – 0
Lucky skull underpants – 1

Chesty LaRue:

I want to sleep now.

SO BAD!!!!!!

Is all. More tomorrow. Nervous. And tired.

And good for you. So right about the health and the eye twitch.

July 30th, 2007 | 4:47 am

Oh My God Chesty. Will they not just announce the goddamn winner?

I am tired and if I didn’t care so much who won (I’m a little scared because I’ve been voting with my work email) I’d be in bed.

Plus tacky much?

And I’m glad someone agrees, thank you.

July 30th, 2007 | 4:52 am

Voting with my work mobile even…

See, Lucy is TIRED!

July 30th, 2007 | 4:53 am
Chesty LaRue:

Damn. If I wanted to watch the evicted housemates, I wouldn’t have cheered when they got evicted.

Der.

This suck. And yet .. I’m watching.

July 30th, 2007 | 4:55 am

I know. I mean I voted you OUT why do I want to see you again?

Plus Susannah and Thomas – Mr and Mrs Bland.

Also, what are you wearing Thurs?

July 30th, 2007 | 4:57 am
Chesty LaRue:

Um … I don’t know. I don’t thin it will be particularly fancy. I shall consider this overnight.

And damn.

Damn.

Goodnight!

July 30th, 2007 | 5:06 am
Anonymous:

Go girl!! No one should be a slave, and trust me it ain’t worth your health! (Got to see a dermatologist in a week or so for this “rash shit” on my face. At 62 if he says it’s an “adult onset acne” I may have to kill him, or drink a lot more and take up smoking again as well! Then the wife would kill me! (sigh))
Sometimes life sucks, but money does seem to make the difference between starvation and sleeping in the rain!
Remember don’t try and “get even”, just try and show the scumbag boss you are the best thing that ever happened to him and his department since sex and Guinness!

Mr. Guinness

July 30th, 2007 | 9:00 am
DelightfulJen:

Congrats on resigning, it’s a very scary thing to do but you are right about keeping your sanity and stuff, there needs to be a point when you say enough is enough.

A holiday between jobs is a fantastic idea, that will make a nice break so hopefully you can start the new job with zero stress.

July 30th, 2007 | 3:02 pm
Anonymous:

congragulations lucy. hope the new job goes well

July 30th, 2007 | 4:45 pm
Adam:

Let’s all just be clear, you’re working ‘for’ me darlin’… ‘for’ me.. not with me 🙂 🙂

You’re not quite my boss…. yet….. (on that note, you’re getting there awfully fucking fast, and I seem to be helping with this propulsion.. but hey, can’t have it all ways).

And you’re buying a house.. that’s fucking cool (btw, this means i’m a shit friend who didn’t know this… shame)

Adam

July 31st, 2007 | 12:33 am

Alec – And I don’t want to sound ungrateful, I love my job (the work I actually do) and I love my salary even more.

I just want a bit of a life.

And no getting even, don’t regret it, really happy for the experience and exposure to awesome technology. Just glad to be moving on.

(And god I hope it’s not acne. Although it may bring back some memories of teenager-dom for you :))

D’Jen – Thanks dude.

Anon – I think this is Jonathan? If so thanks stooby. If not, hi anon.

Adam – ………..Yeah, we’re going to have to work on the working for malarkey.

I can handle working with, and besides I totally don’t report to you so shut it.

(The house buying is pretty cool, still in the looking stages but still awesome. And yes, you are a bit of a shit friend at the moment. If you didn’t help me get this job you’d be wiped)

July 31st, 2007 | 3:27 am

All hail the power of lucky underpants!

I had a pair of socks one time that gave me bad luck everytime I wore them, I was in a car that went into a ditch, attacked by a dog, got poison sumac and/or poison oak all on occasions when I was wearing those socks. Damn those socks.

August 1st, 2007 | 9:23 pm