blahblah

Tuesday Jul 24, 2007

Today bored me. I was busy at work, but yawn.

Although stuff like the below is happening –

– I have an *ahem* ‘meeting’ later this week about a new, uh, opportunity.
– I think I’m buying a house with my father.
– Beth and I are all good.
– I’m flying to Melbourne for work this week.

I’m still bored.

(Read: I’m over the pre part of the PMS and smack bang in the middle and I’m feeling fat and lethargic)

Although small things that are pleasing me include –

– Buying new lucky underpants – girl style y-fronts, oh hello.
– Providing grow out advice to a friend of mine who recently got a Brazilian (he’s a man. Who’s not gay. Just lame)
– Getting given 4 cases of some girly alcohol drink from my brother-in-law. Lush-a-hoy.
– Tracksuit pants.
– All of this Harry Potter talk makes my nerdy little heart happy.

*Comments have Harry Potter spoiler thingys. So don’t click if you don’t want to know*

Well, at least things seem to be going well for you. 🙂

I’m in a dork-funk, I have no one to have an in depth Harry Potter discussion with. All my non-reading of the books friends have just asked “So does Harry die?”. I tell them to shove it. If they want to know they need to read the book. You know, so I have someone to rehash the whole thing with.

July 24th, 2007 | 11:22 am
Chesty LaRue:

House buying? Smell the jealousy oozing from my pores.

Can I help paint it?

Yes. I’m serious.

July 24th, 2007 | 3:08 pm
Grump:

when you are down in Melbourne come and visit us at Pickwick House, pickwickdotcomdotau. No track pants here but maybe things you might need for your joint venture with dad.
cheers

July 24th, 2007 | 5:02 pm
DelightfulJen:

Trackie dacks are wonderful, buying a house, even more so. Awesome!!

July 24th, 2007 | 10:12 pm

Winter – Seriously if you ever need someone to talk HP nerd to I am your girl, for instance –

– What happened to Kreacher? Did they just leave him in the house on his own forever?

– And did the last chapter irritate you as much as it did me? I mean why not cover how George is, or the Dursley’s?

– And oh my God I just read why Snape asked Harry to look at him as he was dying, so he could see Lily Potter’s eyes for the last time (Oh my god)

Chesty – If the place we buy needs painting you are totally welcome to come and help.

(You are weird you know that?)

Now decorating or buying house stuff, that I like.

Grump – Hey thanks Grump, I would love to visit but I’m flying in and out Friday and will spend most of the day hauling PC’s and re-cabling.

Although I hear it’s going to be a delightful 15 degrees with rain, so that’s something to look forward to.

D’Jen – The retarded thing was I only just stopped complaining about being grown up when I decide to do a very big grown up thing and look at buying a house.

Stupid.

July 25th, 2007 | 4:34 am
nailpolishblues:

1) Kreacher comes back to Hogwarts for the big battle – he musters the house elves under the banner of Saint Regulus [or whatever his name is].

2) Awful. Lame. Nice to know that Ginny finally gets to shag Harry though [and ditto Hermione with Ron]. Those girls have waited long enough.
I kinda wanted to know if Harry and Big D became all friendly as they grew up.

3) Disturbing yeah? I so picked Snape being all pathetic over Lily. She went a bit too far with it though.

Yes, I am a nerd.

July 25th, 2007 | 5:49 am

Buying a house?
Hurrah, this is an incontrovertible sign that you are becoming a full scale, dyed in the wool, authentic, genuine, card carrying, ADULT!!
While I chuckle at the thought I know you are torn between the “Duh,….a house” and the “Shit, I’m a home owner!”
“Grasshopper,…it is about the reality of the mind,…not the preception of the aliens.”
🙂

July 25th, 2007 | 5:10 pm

1. What Nails said.

2. Ugh, that last bit was totally flat. I mean 19 years later? Why not five. Still relevant to the story, wrap up any loose threads, address the Harry and Dursley, George, etc. She could have even tossed in a little bit of sap and mentioned the Harry/Ginny or Ron/Hermione wedding and I would have been okay with it.

3. I had read a bit from JK Rowling before this book came out where she alluded to Snape having some kind of redemption thingy. That woman seriously needs to learn to shut her mouth regarding her plots. I thought it might be some inexplicable self-sacrife on Snape’s part, but I was pleasantly surprised by the truth, even if she overdid it a bit.

-What about Dumbledore’s true nautre eh? Bit of a plotter and schemer that fellow.

July 26th, 2007 | 7:38 pm