burning

Wednesday Jul 18, 2007

I got a grand total of 4 hours of sleep last night, thanks to the sleepover boy calling at 1:30 a.m.

That would be a call at 1 am on a school night.

And if I didn’t get spoon out of it I would be very very mad.

I have been very very cranky the last couple of days. I realise it’s all PMS and I’m trying my very best to hold my tongue and temper. But I work with boys who think it’s funny to irritate me.

Not quite funny when you’re tired and hideously menstrual.

And is it any wonder that I’m thinking of leaving my job?

Why do boys do this? Is it innate programming that makes them constantly take the piss out of me? Or is it just because I’m terribly entertaining when I’m pissed off?

Actually don’t bother answering that.

This week is completely kicking my arse, and it’s only Wednesday. Actually I’m pretty sure I said that both on Monday and Tuesday but at least hump day is over and done with and I had Thai for dinner tonight.

Lucy 1, Work 0.

I plan to drink a lot of Friday night and then wake up terribly hung over Saturday morning, go pick up the new Harry Potter book and read the damned thing right through.

It’s going to be fucking awesome.

My eyes right now are burning and I am about 15 minutes away from crawling into bed.

Lame update, sorry.

nailpolishblues:

I like to share pms with boys shortly before threatening them with death/bodily harm. Works a treat if you use the phrse ‘women are statisically more likely to murder irritating boys when bleeding profusely from the vagina’. Either they’ll obey you or they’ll be so nauseated that they shut up.

July 18th, 2007 | 4:51 am
BS:

hmm, discussing the words vagina + blood usually = boys shutting up very very quickly….

Hope you got some sleep last night.

ps hi! am delurking slightly

July 18th, 2007 | 4:18 pm

You ARE terribly entertaining when you’re pissed off.

July 18th, 2007 | 4:30 pm
Grump:

Some men never get out of the school playground. They were probably bullied at school and learnt survival techniques. The best way to deal with it, is to identify the leader and tell him in a firm but friendly way that enough is enough and he has to stop cause you don’t find it amusing. If he starts again make him look small and silly and then report him to your superior.
Cheers

July 18th, 2007 | 5:37 pm

hah, I once used the phrase ‘hump day’ in a conversation. The other person didn’t say anything but I’m pretty sure they didn’t get it. Now they just think I only have sex on Wednesdays or something.

July 18th, 2007 | 10:48 pm

Eww Nailpolish – I was eeaatting!

BS – Hi! Welcome, pull up a chair and kick off your shoes 🙂

And yes, I went to bed at a rockstar 9 o’clock so today was much easier.

And I subscribe to the “If I find it disgusting and it’s happening to me then other people don’t need to know” theory. Denial is a happy place to be.

Donkay – Sigh. I feared it was that , but really why pick on the angry girl?

Shouldn’t that be a big stay away sign?

Grump – The guys I work with are all mid to late twenties boys who telling them to stop would only make it worse. In all honesty I really don’t mind most of the time.

It’s other days when they’re driving me batshit crazy that I put on my headphones and ignore them.

Mark – Ha. Hump day. It’s like saying the words ping (network) or dump (screen dump) at work. They just make me giggle.

July 19th, 2007 | 4:33 am
colonel eggroll:

Get your hump on!

Just wanted to say that. 🙂

This week has been a terribly exhausting one for me as well. Hope you are feeling better, and enjoy your weekend!

July 19th, 2007 | 6:49 pm

Lucy, I’d hate to spoil yer day tomorrow, but this is worth a quick squiz before you kick-off

July 19th, 2007 | 8:28 pm
nailpolishblues:

Go for the cross-posted-at-snarke version. I comment there which makes it that much better.

I actually subscribe to the same belief but that phrase does have uses…like when you work for people who expect a medical certificate for even a single day off. Nice gross value.

July 20th, 2007 | 4:35 am

I agree with the other person who said to go into detail about your periods. If that doesn’t send them screaming from the room, nothing will.

July 20th, 2007 | 10:33 pm