sock puppets

Saturday Jul 14, 2007

I just woke up from a nap and now I’m watching a bio on Jason Priestley.

(I met Luke Perry back in the 90210 days. He’s hot. But tiny. )

As I sit here in my tracksuit pants, still slightly groggy, I think life is pretty sweet.

I have a job I hate at times, I’m having a fat day and I’m not getting any spoon this weekend.

But I got my hair cut this morning and it looks cute and I threw out 4 garbage bags full of crap, and I haven’t even started on the shit under my bed. (I collect a huge amount of crap.)

I’ve eaten so much pasta that my stomach hurts and I’m thinking of heading to bed because I’m still sleepy.

I think I’d like to work with a little more women in my next job. While the benefits of working with boys are high (they’re funny, there’s little emotion, they tend to be more laid back with general work crap, and if you pick the right team there’s not a lot of ego) I’m tired of the constant ribbing. I understand that being a girl, and also being one of the boys is a balancing act and I know that they tease me because they can and because I give it and therefore have to take it. But there’s no off switch and when I’m tired and stressed, like I am at the moment, I really wish they’d knock that shit off. Or just stop trying to get a rise out of me all the bloody times.

I’ve put a deposit for the Fiji trip. 2 weeks of nothing but alcohol and sun. Oh and a wedding. It’s going to be awesome. I’m going to roll back after all the pina coladas I plan to drink but I will be tanned.

I am far more excited than a 26 year old girl should be over all the new Harry Potter stuff. Like giddily excited. Like written off next weekend of any plans so I can read the whole damned thing in one setting so I can find out what happens. Far too excited.

I think I’ll be glad when my winter hibernation is over. When it’s cold all I want to be is at home. But because I worked from home Friday I’ve had 2 days at home now and I’m getting a wee bit stir crazy. Like ‘you need to get out of the house stat if you don’t want to be talking to sock puppets by Sunday night.’

Fingers crossed there’s no talking to sock puppets.

colonel eggroll:

Can we get pix of the hair?

Also, sock puppets rule. I love sifl and olly. I wish they were still on mtv. =(

July 14th, 2007 | 6:01 am
nailpolishblues:

I had a lovely HP moment earlier when I was talking to my dad on the phone. There’s nothing like hearing a 50-something man express his excitement about a children’s book.

July 14th, 2007 | 6:42 am
Chesty LaRue:

Tiny? Really? I get that Jason was tiny, but I always gave Luke a bit of height.

I wanna see the hair!

And you’re awesome.

That is all.

July 14th, 2007 | 3:26 pm
Chesty LaRue:

Oh, and I have just emailed you and it’s VERY important.

VERY.

(or maybe just to me)

July 14th, 2007 | 10:45 pm

Colonel – Pictures will be coming, at the moment all I have is bed hair. And while this tousled bed hair is supposed to be sexy, it’s not. In any way shape or form.

And I fear the sock puppets would be more likely to be my gym socks with some fake eyes drawn on. Creepy.

Nailpolish – See my Dad was actually the one who told me about the HP originally. Because he’s a librarian and saw all of the kids getting into it he luckily told me all about it.

God bless 50 year old men and their obsession with Harry Potter.

Chesty – Dude no, Luke Perry was a small man, he’d be about my Dad’s height and Dad’s about 5’7.

Both tiny men with big heads.

(But by god I loved them)

And emailed replied to and booked in.

July 15th, 2007 | 1:36 am

Just a few more days and I’ll be partaking in the single sitting reading of HP7 as well. I’m actually pretty excited to find out how it all ends too.

July 15th, 2007 | 11:44 am

Are you the “Chesty’d friend” who won’t go out next weekend b/c of the release of the Harry Potter book? Hope not, ’cause if so, there’s a mouthful of abuse levelled at yer arse over on Chesty’s blog!

July 15th, 2007 | 5:37 pm
Kass:

You’re never too old for Harry Potter!

July 15th, 2007 | 7:04 pm

Man, I feel that way about working with guys too. They are cool, but sometimes they don’t know when to shut up. Also, I’ve found them to be just as uptight and antagonistic and women – probably more so. It’s a pecking-order thing.

July 16th, 2007 | 12:02 am