and by resolved

Thursday Jul 12, 2007

Update – So the ‘getting fucked over professionally’ post has been resolved.

And by resolved I mean I told this certain manager that his e-mail was demoralising and in poor form, and by resolved I mean I’ve been appointed to handle my project.

I.e. He bombed out trying to get sign off from the MD and has now appointed me in charge of implementing it.

I.e. He had a meeting with the CEO and CFO tomorrow and knew he’d need help.

I.e He couldn’t explain all of my research and reports well enough so I’m back on board.

And by resolved I mean he pulled me aside as I was leaving tonight to tell me I’m a very valued member of the team.

And by resolved I told him to stop being a suck up.

The end.

(And yes, this certain manager is one of my direct managers.)

(And these two posts will be removed in a day or two.)

(And I fucking rock.)

(Christ, I need a new job.)

(And yes, that’s a work in progress.)

Mizanthrop:

Yay, you.

No need for Karma then, you deal a mean blow to the goolies yourself.

July 12th, 2007 | 4:33 am
nailpolishblues:

You do rock. Sounds very nicely done – I give you 10/10 for super ladylike-don’t-fuck-with-me-cunt-ness.

July 12th, 2007 | 4:58 am
colonel eggroll:

That’s awesome! Good for you! =)

July 12th, 2007 | 6:09 am
Steve:

Way to go Lucy. You seem to be far better with confrontation than I am. Good luck with the new job thing.

July 12th, 2007 | 10:49 am
Chesty LaRue:

See? I told you you rocked.

And I x5 the awesome calls.

July 12th, 2007 | 3:56 pm
Grump:

Hi Lucy I love the writing and have delved into your past blogs great fun.
Cheers Grump
I tried to email you but I think it went to Chesty instead.

July 12th, 2007 | 4:17 pm
Anonymous:

Yes, I just punched the air for you!

I love yer, that is SO damn awesome. (inspires me to talk things out when they’re pissing me off).

– Whenever you need to use that expletive, sms it to me – it makes me giggle!

Stel

July 12th, 2007 | 4:32 pm

Assertive Bitch! Yep, u DO rock. Well done.

July 12th, 2007 | 4:59 pm

I love resolutions!

Seriously though, awesome job on getting that all sorted out, and quickly too! 😀

July 12th, 2007 | 6:22 pm
Anonymous:

Way to go!!!
The biggest “rake-away” is that this dude is now simply toast. His career is on the downside, and accelerating down the hill. I predict him gone by Christmas!
Not only did you win the confrontation, but trust me HIS BOSSES are now aware of where the work comes from, and who was the “team leader” that made it happen.
I too stick up for my people, that’s the most important thing. You do that and everything else falls in place. When you have to help him at the meeting with the CEO & CFO be absolutely sure to put on all your perrsonal charm and professionalism. And let him squirm just a tad more than normal before rescuing his ass on a question (allow CEO &CFO to if the guy really knows his stuff, “but “the girl” certainly does, of that there is no doubt”.
I daresay the thankyou to you at the end of the meeting willl be far more heartfelt than his!
Mr. Guinness