neither big nor clever

Saturday Oct 28, 2006

I’m at home having a quiet night and I cannot describe how delicious it is.

I haven’t been to the gym since I started the new job so I was actually pumped to go this morning (Let’s leave how lame that sentence is shall we?).

But because I drank too much and stayed out too late Friday night I woke up at 11:00 and the gym closes at 12 I went and ate a big fuck breakfast instead at Brekky . Way easier and more enjoyable than sweating.

Then I came home and watched –

– When Harry Met Sally (The story could’ve been based on all of my relationships, but without the happy ending)
– Friends With Money (An over 40 chick flick)
– Brokeback Mountain (You can tell it’s a man love story when after 20 years they still haven’t said I love you)

And because I am in awe of Nigella Lawson I made chorizo and pepper pasta and then because I am Betty Homemaker I went to the nursery and bought more herbs for my windowbox.

See, domestic and boring.

Work is finally becoming enjoyable. I caught up for lunch this week with my old mentor and she blasted me for not calling her for help over the last month. I am an idiot because i didn’t even think of calling her for help. And this woman has been the single biggest help in my career and the most supportive colleague I’ve ever had. My stubbornness is breathtaking sometimes. Beth was saying last night that peer pressure was never an issue for me because I simply didn’t believe in it, I saw peer pressure as people telling me what to do. The stubbornness of Lucy meant that was never an option of doing what people told me to simply because they said I should.

I needed tonight off, between not going to the gym and drinking far too much beer I needed a break. Besides drinking excessively is neither big nor clever.

Tomorrow is a BBQ and drinks. I get to wear a dress and sit in the sun (providing it’s not blowing a bloody gale like it is now) and hang out with the kids.

What was your weekend like?

Ramona:

We should catch up sometime soon, if you’re up for it. Email me!

October 28th, 2006 | 3:41 am
nailpolishblues:

Housesitting, cat, dogs. Read Lolita, watched all of the first series of Absolute Power [I still maintain that there is nothing wrong with wanting to have Stephen Fry’s babies][shut up!], pissed about on the internet, slept, had long baths…and I only got here yesterday. I think I’m a bit bored.
What are weekends for again?

October 28th, 2006 | 7:52 am

Nice thing about the world and time zones, my weekend is just starting. It’s only Saturday morning here. Friday noght went to the pub had a couple pints, came home and went on the Internet and opened a stock trading account.(Hey why not, maybe I can learn how to make money!)
Today, been just “hanging out” balancing the check book, heading to the bookstore in a few to “browse”, catching up on loose ends I’ve sort of let slide the last week or so, and made a date to take the wife to a new Robin Williams movie (the man’s certifiable, but I bet he’s fun to hang out with!) and a bite to eat. Tomorrow is ironing day, so many shirts so little time! This afternoon is college football, to morrow is professional football, and then the grind starts again.
The nice thing about a weekend is your stomach almost comes beck to normal, then the week starts and you start with the junk food, the “bun on the run” the supertaco with the guacamole and french fries, and the donuts,God my belt is cutting off my circulation just thinking about them!
Enjoy!

October 28th, 2006 | 8:31 am
Nick:

After a big night Thursday, I had a quiet night Friday, when apparently everyone else had a HUGE night – meh, I was shattered from Thursday night!

So a vow to not drink for the rest of the weekend became ashes in my mouth within minutes of being over at a mates place, which of course led to me having to wash those ashes down with another coldie. *sigh*

And then a pleasant night watching the canvas that is feminine loveliness at a very “in” club to be seen at. And arriving home at 3am to discover that it’s actually 4am! D’oh!! Damn daylight saving!

October 28th, 2006 | 5:42 pm

Dressed up and went out last night (Fri), got in at 4am, got up at 4:30pm today (hooray for having the whole weekend off for the first time in months). Now I’m sitting at home with candles lit, drinking soda (or pop as we say in Ohio), and watching some scary movies in honor of Halloween. (ok, I don’t think they’re scary, but it’s the thought that counts).

October 28th, 2006 | 6:43 pm

Went to a few open house viewings with a friend and then basically sat around doing sweet FA for the rest of it.
It was delicious!

October 29th, 2006 | 1:30 am
The very nice man:

My weekend?
Blown my diet, drank too much Whisky, it was p*ssing it down all weekend but we were with great friends so who cares about all the other things!
If you haven’t seen “French Kiss”, there is a film you might enjoy.
Erik

October 30th, 2006 | 4:45 am
stella:

Awww, that would be so damn awesome. I’m up to three weeks to go then I’m free like nothing else so I’m up for a catch up. That is, if you’re up for a catch up.

October 30th, 2006 | 10:49 pm