testify

Monday Oct 23, 2006

Now, I don’t think I’m a demanding girl in what I ask for in a boy.

What I need in a boy is relatively low key –

– Be honest with me (and that doesn’t include lying by omission or just not telling me the truth)
– Be into me.
– Be taller than me.

See, that’s actually quite pitiful. But the things that are frequently on other girls lists are not for me, I just don’t care about what he looks like, what he earns, what he drives/if at all, where he lives, what he does.

What I do care about is when that list is so bloody short that I still manage to find/attract/get involved with boys who find loopholes on the list (i.e. I just won’t contact you, that way I don’t have to tell you the truth or what’s going on, even though it will totally affect you) and I really wish I could stop. Because fuck, how boring.

Today was the day at work that I enjoyed.

I know, hallelujah and testify and all of that stuff. I left just after 6 and I felt good.

Tomorrow night is Trivia night where I get to drink beer and be a know it all and it’s encouraged.

Sweet.

The very nice man:

Yeah, yeah . . short list indeed but No. 1 is a major bitch for most men! Tell the truth??!?!
Hmmm . . . !!

October 23rd, 2006 | 4:34 am

And how is that something to be proud of Very Nice Man?

October 23rd, 2006 | 4:41 am

I would have to agree with the very nice man. It has something to do with truth being to close to “opening up” oneself. How are we supposed to maintain our “macho” strong side, when in reality we really do have some kind of softer , gentler, side which society sort of says “ok, you got it, but for God’s sake keep it covered up or you’ll really get the shit kicked out of you. (Not necessarily physically, but on a psychological level, with comments of “wuss”, etc., not to mention if things don’t work out with a girl, well,…women tend to be more “vocal” about a guy after it’s over.
So much from the north. Do you folks have the trivia at the pubs where you play with a little electronic box or is it sort of a “DJ” or hosted thing?
-30-

October 23rd, 2006 | 4:46 am

SHE HAS EYES!!! Well, an eye, anyway.

October 23rd, 2006 | 4:53 am

I understand self preservation and the masculine image men like to/feel the need to maintain.

Except if someone (boyfriend/husband/friend/parent) lies to me deliberately I’m going to think you’re an arsehole.

Lying to me is is something that isn’t negotiable for me. And I find it quite bemusing that it’s something I need to justify.

Donkay – And indeed I do ๐Ÿ™‚

October 23rd, 2006 | 4:56 am
Nick:

Absolute honesty is a prime imperative with me. Lying to me will switch me from Mr Nice Guy to Mr Utter Prick with a single syllable, from Mr Warm and Cosy to Mr Freeze in a heartbeat. So as a consequence, I have a total inability to bullshit, to mislead or otherwise lie.

Being into you *sigh*, how could one not be ๐Ÿ™‚

And I’m taller than you. Fact.

October 23rd, 2006 | 5:32 am

Aww thanks Nick.

And thanks for also giving me faith that not every man is happy to lie/be dishonest.

God knows I need to be less cynical than having that be normal.

October 23rd, 2006 | 5:44 am
The very nice man:

It is nothing at all to be proud of but I believe that most men are lying b****rds!
So that just cuts down the field.

October 23rd, 2006 | 8:35 am
Ramona:

My list equally pitfully short and yet…

October 23rd, 2006 | 1:43 pm
Jennifer:

I never really thought about why boys lie, I always just assumed I’d sussed out the bad eggs and most boys were actually lovely.

It’s kind of disappointing if what mr. guiness says is true and it’s just a part of being a boy.

Why are they so confusing? Is it any wonder why so many girls are man haters at some point?

P.S I’ve never been to a trivia night but drinking and being a know it all sounds like fun ๐Ÿ˜€

P.P.S HOORAY for another good day at work!

October 23rd, 2006 | 2:21 pm
actonb:

I’m glad you’re finally feeling some joy… even if it’s only trivia related. I get overly-excited at the idea of trivia nights. I think it’s something primeval… or directly related to the smugness of being the dux of primary school. I do so love to Get The Answer Right.

October 23rd, 2006 | 9:58 pm
NATALIE:

The list is entirely justified. Yeah, men lie but not all of them. You deserve to be with one of the ones that doesn’t

October 24th, 2006 | 5:45 am

Very Nice Man – But that makes it even worse, the fact that as a man you can lie and hide behind a, “Well man are just bastards” excuse. That’s like me having a license to be shallow and awful and manipulative regarding mens feelings and saying, “Oh, I’m just a girl, we manipulate so it’s ok”

Ramona – I like to see it as low maintenance but you and I both know it’s just bloody sad.

Jennifer – And it’s something I do believe, that there are men out there who don’t lie and don’t see it as a badge of honour or just some male trait that they naturally learn. Mainly because we’ve all met great guys who aren’t douchebags.

Actonb – Oh man it’s nice to actually not hate my job so bloody much. And seriously being a know it all and being rewarded it for it is like being awarded dux (or in my case a reading nerd).

Natalie – Damn straight, just like good men deserve to be with nice women who don’t treat them like crap or use them for status/money/whatever. I think everyone deserves that.

October 24th, 2006 | 7:04 am

Whoa!!!
Most of you guys are in a totally different time zone, and by the time I get to comment it’s like “daaaaaaah!”!
Lucy, any guy, and I mean ANY guy who tries to cheat you in any way at all is frankly (excuse the forthcoming”french”) dumb, mother-f***ing, bastard!
I sort of wish the testosterone gland did not kick in until we were in our early thirties. Think about it! We could talk to each other, learn who we each are, make decisions on what we want out of life and more importantly “WHO” we want in our life, and then go forth to become part of the world.
Instead we,(the male of the species) let the “little head” do the thinking for the big head, until we are either a) stuck in a relationship we want to get out of, b)committed to make the “best of it”, or c) bitter, nasty and just waiting for an excuse to bail out of.
That is no way to live life, it’s too short, we REALLY know too many great people, and we are cheating ourselves.
(Sorry ๐Ÿ™ Lucy, I tend to ramble!)

October 24th, 2006 | 6:02 pm
Miss Natalie:

I add to your list – not a vegan.

October 25th, 2006 | 12:41 am

Ah, we ask for so little in a guy…and boy do we get it.

October 25th, 2006 | 5:29 pm

So let me get this straight.
You’d date a butt urgly, trolley boy who rides a skateboard to get around and lives in Mt Druitt?

Lolzz. As long as he was into you and honest.

Lucy, Lucy, methinks you need to expand that list just a tad. ๐Ÿ˜›

October 25th, 2006 | 8:37 pm
Lozo:

so a tall, honest homeless man is right up your (metaphoric) alley? i’ll see what i can do.

October 26th, 2006 | 4:09 pm

Alec – Gah I know. I just refuse to become cynical over the actions of a select few. Because what would be worse than finding an awesome guy who had been ‘ruined’ by another girl. Nope.

Natalie – Fucking totally. Must eat meat. Heh, I said meat.

Winter – I know, but there’s balance between refusing to be a high maintenance girl who demands everything. I don’t like those girls and I’d hate to be one.

Steph – Seriously? Yeah, if I was into him I’d find him attractive and I wouldn’t care about the other stuff. Seriously.

Beth has a disgusting high powered job in the city with a 6 figure pay packet. She’s dating a guy who works in a record store whose covered in tattoos. We have similar attitudes.

Would I be attracted to a butt ugly guy trolly boy from the West in the first place? Not sure I tend not to hang out in Mount Druitt scoping the talent ๐Ÿ™‚

Lozo – Well you’re tall – check. Honest – probably not. Homeless – Not sure. Ah but maybe the non homeless would be cool.

October 27th, 2006 | 2:02 am

Love you’re “reality” to life. I will be “end of the world” disapointed if you don’t find a true “love of your life”. You are an honest and open person, God that it were that easy 39 years ago when I was looking for a “soul-mate”. Trust me, I fell into it and found mine, and you will find yours,….BUT the bottom line, DON’T COMPROMISE!!!, It’s your life, live it to the max!
-30-