Sunday Oct 15, 2006

1. – I broke the drought today. Oh yes indeed.

2. My name is Lucy Antilogy and I’m an alcoholic. – I haven’t had a ‘dry’ night in coming up to weeks now and I’m loving the pants off it.

3. I abhor people who because it’s their opinion that must make it fact. I had a very irritating conversation with Transformer (Beth’s new inked boy) tonight about whether The Da Vinci Code was any good – I’d just watched the movie and thought it was terrible, especially because I enjoyed the book. The conversation was that he thought it was rubbish because he didn’t like it and the author is selling it as fact when it’s obviously bullshit.

I don’t often like to end a discussion with ‘Come back to me when you’ve read it and know what you’re talking about and I’ll listen to what you have to say” but I totally fucking did. Have an opinion. Awesome. Base an entire argument on something that you haven’t even read, let alone looked into a little because it was interesting?Makes you a twat.

4. I realised that my days are broken into –

12 hours a day – Work
8 hours a day – Sleeping
1 hour a day – Travelling to work/home
= 21 hours a day meaning 3 hours a day are mine.

That is wrong on so very many levels.

5. I took this job because I’m a corporate whore and wanted more money. I got a 50% pay increase and so far have barely touched my bank account. That’ll teach me for selling out.

6. I wore a dress today in public voluntarily. And I got compliments. So because I am awesome I’m going to buy more frocks. And while I’m there use the word frock more often.

7. I don’t write here as often as I’d like, this should change when I put my foot down at work and start leaving at 6:00-6:30 pm.

8. I have got to stop drinking so much goddamn beer, because all the salads and sushi for lunch don’t change the fact that beer is bloody fattening.

9. I guess I’ll just have to switch to vodka then.

10. That’s all I had, but i like the number 10 so you know *shrug*

colonel eggroll:

HaHa! You said twat, and that’s awesome!

I totally agree with you on the opinion thing. I absolutely hate it when someone tries to tell me that I’m wrong on something that they know nothing about. I don’t mind people disagreeing with me, but educate yourself on the subject first!

I live in t-shirts and jeans, so I have been trying to buy nicer clothes/dress up more often. It is nice to change things up every once in awhile.

October 15th, 2006 | 7:10 am

Give the idiot a copy of the book and an advertisement for “hooked on phonics” and say “for you, I think you’ll get the point” (Incidentally I agree, great book, lousy movie!)
Now you know the secret of getting rich! Work so bloody much and claw your way up that ladder that more than an hour of you day for you is “excessive”, and I guarantee you’ll die rich,(young, but rich)respected,(in the eulogy but not amongst real people), and find that all your hard work and long hours were necessary to pay for the special medications and specialists you need in late middle age to tell you why you feel so fucked up physically all the time.
Oh one other point, motto I’ve used for years (and I got the mileage on me so I guess it works) ready,….(drum roll) “We work to live, never live to work, there’s no percentage in it!”
P.S. Careful on the “My name is Lucy,…and I’m an alcoholic” thing. Next thing you know they’ll make you go to those damn meetings and then you have no time for yourself. 🙂
Mr. G

October 15th, 2006 | 9:24 am

Every time I wear a skirt people freak out, and tell me how nice I look. The joke’s on them though because all my skirts are comfortable and wearing one usually means I was feeeling too lazy to bother putting on pants. 😉

I also had a gruelling work schedule earlier this year when I was working two jobs. I knew I was getting burnt out when I spent 17 hours sleeping on my day off.

October 15th, 2006 | 9:38 am

Be careful with your use of the word frock especially if you switch to vodka…might be a tad embarassing. ~grin~

eg(s):
I look great in a frock.
I need to go buy another frock.
Do you like my frock?
or
I need a new frock, does anyone want to help me chose one?

October 15th, 2006 | 4:51 pm
surfercam:

You’re not an alcoholic unless you go to meetings.
Therefore you’re just a regular piss-head like me and most of Australia…

October 15th, 2006 | 7:04 pm

“this should change when I put my foot down at work and start leaving at 6:00-6:30 pm.”

That is still pretty fucked actually.

October 15th, 2006 | 8:06 pm

Colonel – Dude I know. I mean I am far too opinionated for my own good, I enjoy my trivia nights at the pub just a wee too much. But fuck, at least have a basic idea of what we’re arguing about you know?

Alec – God I know, it actually depresses me greatly. At the moment the idea of finishing this 6 month contracts makes me cry.

Winter – Hahaha! I know! I threw on the dress because I was woken up from a nap and had to meet my friends in 5 and it was the quickest thing I could find. Suckers.

Indiana – You are an oddly funny man 🙂 Frocks are my favourite thing in the world.

Surfercam – Ok, that’s quite odd because that’s been my motto for far too long – Only alcholics go to meetings. We’d get along just fine.

Mark – No really, I get giddy if I get out at 6. Fucking depressing Marcus.

October 16th, 2006 | 3:31 am
Nick:

Ahh, the drought, it’s back on again 🙁

Well done!

But make sure your working to live, rather than living to work! *hugs*

October 16th, 2006 | 12:28 pm
NATALIE:

love twat, frock, and particularly vodka. Get yourself many frocks and enjoy that bankroll!

October 16th, 2006 | 4:29 pm
surfercam:

Yeah Lucy, most people call me an ‘alcoholic’, but I have to inform them that “I’m a drunk : Alcoholics go to meetings”.

October 16th, 2006 | 5:23 pm
Lulu:

I love frocks. Frocks Rock!!!

I hope you have more hours to yourself on weekends!! At least 5 hours a day perhaps!!

October 16th, 2006 | 5:31 pm

What is it about this OK, but not-so-great story that gets everyone so riled?

After seeing the movie on the way to the airport in Brisbane, I’m in the taxi and this Wolf Creek-like cabbie starts going me about why I would see a movie that’s so full of lies, and shouldn’t I be more discerning yarda yarda yarda!

Sheeesh, Queensland, what’s going on up there?

October 16th, 2006 | 9:36 pm

Hey winter, everyone gets pretty freaked-out when I wear a skirt, too … except the Samoans, they seemed pretty cool with it 😉

Hey indiana, I want the frock on the table!

October 16th, 2006 | 9:40 pm
The very nice man:

Any chance of a picture of you in skirt??
After all . . . your blogger friends deserve to have their say on how sexy you look!!
Right!!?

October 17th, 2006 | 3:06 am

Samoans are cool with everything.

I also want to look at Lucy’s legs. In fact, if she posted her boobs I wouldn’t be all that put out either…

October 18th, 2006 | 1:40 am

I think mark has some master plan for getting topless pictures of everybody. Look at his own topless pics if you doubt me, what a shameless hussy.

October 18th, 2006 | 11:18 am