sorry about that

Wednesday Oct 11, 2006

Oh right.

The drunken “cliff hanger” post that since I wrote have been owned by work. All I know is even though it’s Wednesday I’ve already done a standard 40 hour week.

But the boy?

Just after I wrote that post he sent me a couple of messages making sure I got home ok and saying how excited he was about the picnic and would give me a call in the morning to work out a time.

I know, awwwww right?

And then he actually called in the morning, and said he needed to go into work for an hour or two in the morning but would be finished by midday and he’d call and come and pick me up.

And I haven’t heard from him since.

What the fuck? Who does that?

I can understand the no call in the morning and leaving it as a great drunken night. I understand that and I would’ve written it off as a great night.

But to then call sober and go ahead with the arranging?

To make the ‘confusing boy’ week complete I heard from the last two exes on Tuesday night both wanting to meet up. One I hadn’t seen in a few months, the other in nearly 2 years and neither of them I had planned on seeing again. I actually asked one if they sensed when to call just when things were at their weirdest.

Naturally he said no.

So, boys?

I adore you but seriously stop messing with my head.

The very nice man:

Must be some sort of revenge thing for all the messing you girls constantly do with our heads.

October 11th, 2006 | 5:18 am
tweety:

seriously, you need to hang around nicer boys!!!!

October 11th, 2006 | 6:55 am
Bated:

Just when you think all boys suck, one comes along and changes your mind. Stick with it, kid. You’ll get there.

October 11th, 2006 | 8:09 am
surfercam:

I always run into ex’s two at a time. It is very weird.
So now, when I run into or hear from an ex, I know that within 24hours, I’ll be seeing or hearing from another blast from the past…
And sure enough, I always do…

October 11th, 2006 | 5:30 pm

You are far better than these “twit’s” treated you !! And from my perspective as an “old fart” I’d tell them both to “sot off” as a few of my Irish acquaintances say, or as one who has come to know you as a real person says, “Fuck ’em all!” You are better and my shoulder is there for you. (A dark alley, a stormy night, “Don’t mess with Lucy, you dick head!!”
Alec 🙂

October 11th, 2006 | 6:09 pm
Miss Natalie:

I hate men that do the arranging and then don’t come through with the goods. It’s happened to me too often to say of late and i’ve had enough, they should just leave it as a pleasant meeting or a drunken kiss. the worst ones are the guys i date for a few weeks and they start planning for the future, after a random date i just don’t hear from them again.

October 11th, 2006 | 8:51 pm
GBE:

That pinstriped gimp is a royal arsehole. He needs a boot square in the nads.

October 12th, 2006 | 12:46 am
gena:

Maybe you should return the favour, if he arranges another date, and stand him up. Hmmf! Seriously. I wouldn’t take that lying down.

October 12th, 2006 | 1:51 am
DelightfulJen:

I hate when people make plans like that then pike!

It seems really strange he’d go to the trouble of telling you he was looking forward to it and then never text again.

Maybe work got super super busy and he’s still there….?

P.S 40 hours by Wednesday?! You are Super Woman!

October 12th, 2006 | 3:24 am

Pet peeve #201, why boys are so afeared of using a phone!!
It’s common courtesy.

Unless he has a good excuse, like, I dunno, a death in the family or his fucking hands dropped off, I’d give him a miss.

October 12th, 2006 | 7:00 pm

Dick. Meanwhile, the mysterious ‘like you one minute, not so keen the next’ phenomenon is not just limited to boys. Girls do it stacks. At least you escaped a relationship that was probably going to be crap.

PS: Why does Mr Guinness never comment on my site? I could really use a boost like that when I’m feelin’ low.

October 12th, 2006 | 11:43 pm

Very Nice Man – Hey! Shut up! There’s a very good reason why I don’t date often, because i don’t want to mess with boys heads and so I don’t. So unless I’m paying for someone elses bad karma I didn’t deserve this one.

Tweety – Dude, tell me about it.

Bated – Ooh, that nice boy sounds new. And it’s only because I trust your word I’ll put my plans to become the crazy bitter spinster car lady on hold.

Surfercam – See now that I think about it you’re totally right. Plus they not only come in two’s but they have this spidey sense to make contact just when it’s most likely to mess you around.

Alec – Thanks Alec, you do me well because that was pretty much my reaction.

Natalie – Exactly and I don’t know when it became ok to make plans and not only not break them but completely ignore the fact you made them in the first place. It’s just not cool.

GBE – The really stupid part of his plan is we will see each other again as he works with good friends. What a knob.

Gena – Yep, the plan is simply ignore it/him. It seems like a good plan.

Delightful Jen – Exactly! It wasn’t the follow up that night, it was actually calling the next morning when sober that annoyed me. (And the 40 hours by Wednesday is madness more than anything)

Steph – Ha! I know, by Saturday night I did the ‘he better be dead’ for not calling.

Mark – And I totally get it, sometimes you think you want something and then realise you don’t. But that was just fucking lame.

Alec comments here because I’m special 😛