the boring revelations

Wednesday Oct 4, 2006

Discoveries I’ve made this week –

– A new job is just like the old job. At the end of the day work is work.

– My liver can only handle drinking every second night for approximately 2 weeks. It then starts to hurt.

– The boys I now work with aren’t as nice as the ones I used to work with.

– I’m over doing long days and I only started a week ago.

– The news of the British boy band Five reforming has literally been the best news I’ve heard all day. For serious.

– I have to stop shopping, right now I drink, I work and I shop. Which even for me is far too fucking cliched to be cool.

– A former boy of mine has made contact after a year and a half. The discovery being that we’re going to catch up and bad things (and by bad I mean bad/good) will happen and in all honesty I’m not too fussed.

– All the free coffee in the world doesn’t make up for the fact that I’m not liking the new job.

– This saddens me, but depresses me since I’m contracted there for the next 6 months.

– I went out to play trivia last night and drank beer and ate a burger, and talked with Beth’s new boyfriend Inked Transformer boy and I had a good night.

– My inner voice/my conscience/my whatever sounds exactly like Jay of Jay and Silent Bob. You know the voice inside your head that tells you you’re retarded when you say the wrong thing to the boss, or gives you a virtual frat boy high five when you do something awesome? Yeah, mine sounds like Jay. And he swears a lot.

– I need sleep and it’s only gone 9:00 p.m.

– Man this career stuff is boring.

Hang in there Lucy – it’s only the first week, and free coffee … come on! How good is that? Lucky to get a Nescafe around this place!

People are just sussing you out to see if their new expert is a friend or foe – give it some time to let things happen. Just like a new boy, everyone’s not likely to go getting their gear off in the board room on the first week, are they? Takes time – just keep drinking the coffee, and before you know it, they’ll be loving your surly disposition, just like the last lot did!

October 4th, 2006 | 4:53 am

Been there, (five months ago), felt like that, (three months ago), got the tee shirt, (two months ago)…the good news it really does get better, but not necessarily where you expect it too.
Thank God for my “crew” at Buster’s. We have a standing Monday afternoon 5:00pm session,that’s the “Shit I’m up to my eyeballs, buried in crap and it’s only Monday,…give me another!”, and then an optional Wednesday session, “Damn, I’m exhausted and it’s only Wednesday, I don’t know if I’ll even see Friday,…give me another!” And finally a mandatory Friday session. “Thank God it’s Friday, I finally feel like I can breath again, Peggy, (local Bartender on Friday) get the crew a round on me, I’m off for the next two days!!”
Then again if the liver is bothering you, you could always take up Zen, or Tai Chi, or go to a monastery for the weekend,…nah, really bad idea!!!

October 4th, 2006 | 4:58 am
nailpolishblues:

Career? What’s that?

October 4th, 2006 | 6:43 am

Believe it or not, I didn’t start swearing until I was seventeen. However, my internal voice sounded like an cross between Jay, George Carlin, and Lewis Black, so I eventually realised that there was no point in not swearing out loud because I was doing a whole crap ton of it in my head anyway.

I have to say that some of the best fun can be swearing around people who have never heard you swear before. I caused my best friend to almost rollerblade into a ditch.

October 4th, 2006 | 2:41 pm

So you have a voice in your head that goes “scoochy boochy”, “I want to get me sum of that” and “let’s go smoke this weed Silent Bob?”…mmm…having a career is sending you mad. ~grin~

October 4th, 2006 | 3:12 pm

Winter,
I’m choking to death here! As I was reading your comment on Lucy’s blog, about the swearing thing, my wife just spilled a “shitload” of water on the shirts she was ironing to keep me clothed for the two weeks she’d be away on business.
While the internet is still “un-proctorded” and “uncensored”, I must say that my four years as a sailor were put to the test in temrs of the words that came out of her mouth!! (“Damn , she done learned guud!”)
Thanks for the “coincidnece of timing” it made my day!

October 4th, 2006 | 6:23 pm

I know Donkay, and that’s what I keep telling myself. It’s only been a week and I’m still learning the ropes. It’s just frustrating. But the coffee is totally sweet.

Alec – I don’t know how I would’ve gotten through the last week or so without beer. Plus I work closer to my friends now so the bi weekly drinking catch up’s are pretty scheduled.

Nailpolishblues – You are a far smarter girl than I am. Careers are highly overrated.

Winter – I shouldn’t like swearing so much for all the obviously reasons, but god I love it. Unfortunately because I’m such a fan most people don’t go for long before hearing me curse.

Indiana – Dude you have no idea 🙂

October 5th, 2006 | 3:50 am
The very nice man:

Lucy! Ditch all that career lark and start pole dancing! You’d be a star, earn half a fortune and have tons of men at your feet (unless that is already happening??).
{how much is a ticket to the States??}

October 5th, 2006 | 4:59 am
The very nice man:

Crap!! Just remembered!! You are in Aussie-land!! Cancel that last ticket!!

October 5th, 2006 | 5:00 am