bad beatle cover songs

Sunday Oct 1, 2006

Like covering Beatles songs badly, I found messy drunks unacceptable.

That’s a very proper way of saying people that get drunk and cry or have deep and meaningful conversations with me shit me.

Now, belligerent drunks. At least they’re funny with the yelling and cursing. Those I can deal with and laugh at behind their backs, especially if they use creative cursing.

But last night after muchos hours drinking/watching crap AFL final games/eating/drinking daiquiris/karaoke Beth and I got bailed up by a drunken girl who proceeded to drunkenly stumble and slur her way through a painfully boring bloody drunken emotional rant.

Here’s my take on this – if I’m not feeling up to it, or I’m a little emotional I do what I’m doing tonight. After a huge few weeks things have hit home and I’m tired and a little overwhelmed. So when my friends call from the pub telling me to come out I don’t.

I either stay at home and watch Love Actually, or stay at home, watch Love Actually, drink wine and blog. Both scenarios involve cardigans and my lounge. People who are friends or even complete strangers do not need to hear my emotional shit. Because people have got their own shit and are probably doing everything they can to keep their own stuff together.

Otherwise while you’re either forgetting you drunkenly sobbed on some girls shoulder you only met a couple of times before, or cringe when you think of it, I’m writing about and it and putting it on the Internet like normal people.

Natalie:

Yeah that makes for a real bad night. I am not one of those people who goes out to forget my problems, I may have someone in to watch sappy movies with me and make me popcorn so I don’t have to move but a bar is out of the question.

October 1st, 2006 | 9:30 am
DelightfulJen:

You’ve hit the nail right on the head.

There is always some girl who’s out when I am out who needs to have a bit of a cry about her friends/boyrfiend/life. Either save it for your real friends who’ll actually care or get drunk by yourself and cry it out if you have to. Spilling your beans while drunk and emotional just makes both parties feel weird, except one party will feel awkward the next morning.

P.S Blogging is completly normal, I think I’m incapable of addressing any issue without sharing it with the larger part of the internet community nowadays.

October 2nd, 2006 | 3:40 am

Love Actually is rather good, isn’t it? I also like the Violent Femmes in that kind of situation.

October 2nd, 2006 | 3:42 am

Natalie – Exactly, plus when you’re feeling down who has the energy to get dressed up, put on make up, wear high heels and then have to socialise. Screw that, I’ll be at home in tracksuit pants 🙂

Jen – I hate those girls, and they’re never my friends but girls I’ve met once or twice. Plus if I ever actually got to that stage my friends would bundle my drunk arse into a cab home before it got that messy. Or hell just drunken message ex boyfriends like normal people. Heh.

Mark – I just adore that movie and not in a normal chick flick sappy way. I now work with someone who looks like Alan Rickman and I love him and may try to steal him also. I also like the music downer, but I go for the Smiths. Anything Jeff Buckley/Nick Drake related I’ve learnt to stop playing, otherwise I just want to top myself.

October 2nd, 2006 | 4:18 am
Mountjoy:

Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds is a benchmark in William Shatner’s musical career, and I will defend to the death his right to slaughter it in the name of comedy.

October 2nd, 2006 | 9:55 pm

Here’re some rambling thoughts from Donkey, cause he’s a bit slow;

So let’s try to work this out. Lucy, you don’t like deep and meaningful talks, but you write this Blog, full of both meaningful and deep, almost everyday! So is it the two-way thing you don’t like?

And you quite like the idea of a guy making the first move, but when he’s drunk and opening up to you … you don’t like it?

As a nerdy guy with no self confidence (and let’s face it, no clues) … you gals are sure makin’ it a bit tough! If not The Antilogy, where’s a guy supposed to go to read about what girls like? Surely not Cosmo! 😉

October 4th, 2006 | 4:17 am

Mountjoy – I don’t mind what Shatner did generally, but on principle I hate it with a burning fiery passion.

Ok Donkay here goes –

If you consider this blog deep and meaningful then you are a deeply shallow man 🙂

No, I don’t like people I barely know (I was talking about a girl here) telling me how much they love me and their life story. I’ve yet to meet a man who has done this, it’s mainly messy girl drunks. I adore cute drunken boys, just not messy.

So there 😛