so the interview…..

Friday Aug 25, 2006

I didn’t throw up, I didn’t pass out and I didn’t make a total prat of myself.

In fact the interview was with only one man who would be my boss, versus the panel I expected. The office is located smack bang in the middle of the city, in brand new fucking awesome offices. We’ll ignore the fact the office is floor to ceiling glass and they’re on the 20 something floor (I hate heights).

There was even a cafe on the floor and some rock garden fountain thing. Tis terribly chic. Plus free coffee before 8! Free coffee! Before 8!

So not only is this guy easy to talk with, he talks about the job and what he wants until my nerves calm down. He even swears.

I naturally love him.

He outlines my dream job with awesome technology to manage, I tell him some ideas and projects I’m been working on that could be applicable in this role and he sighs and tells me they’re fantastic.

He asks what salary I would be expecting, I name an obscene amount tens of thousands more than I currently earn and he says, “Sounds fine”.

Sounds fine?

Dude.

While I’m fighting back a giddy dance of finally being able to purchase a property he asks when I can start.

So I totally have a new job.

And I’ve lost two kilos this week on this damned diet (let’s ignore the glass of wine and handful of chips I had tonight to celebrate, yeah?).

So on a serious note this week has ended much better than when it started and that’s a good thing and on a glib note I totally scored a dream job where I will be paid an obscene salary and will work my arse off and therefore I rule.

Trix:

Congratulations, sweet girl!!! I’m more than happy for you!

Beers are on you, since you now make more than me.

August 25th, 2006 | 9:24 am

Congratulations on the sweet new job! πŸ™‚

August 25th, 2006 | 1:34 pm
DelightfulJen:

That’s so great!! Good job for scoring such a fantastic job. What’s not to like about lots more money and free coffee πŸ™‚

August 25th, 2006 | 2:38 pm

Aww thanks girls.

Trix – Beers are totally on me.

August 25th, 2006 | 3:55 pm
actonb:

yay! for you…
Sounds so unbelievably amazing… ipso facto you must, indeed, rule.

August 25th, 2006 | 5:17 pm

Congrats, not only have you moved to the realm of ubergeek but also into the realms of ubersalary.

August 25th, 2006 | 6:03 pm

actonb – You know, I like when people agree that I am awesome. You and I are going to get along just fine. And thank you πŸ™‚

Indy – Dude I know! I didn’t even think it was possible to be paid well for being a geek, but thanks Henry.

August 25th, 2006 | 6:21 pm
Anonymous:

You go girl!!! One for the home team! You are obviously not the usual person, and you most definately deserve a break, …sounds like you got it!!
Unfortunately I’ll probably never made it to the “land down under” (sigh), but if I do I’ll be looking for a few pints with a rising “business superstar” OUTSTANDING JOB, I’m proud of you!! (Even though I’m only an “old fart”!

Mr. Guinness
P.S Explain this blogger, other and anonymous crap. What’s my “user name” and “password”? The only way I seem to be able to get apost to your blog is by choosing the “anonymous”, and God knows I’m far from that!!

August 25th, 2006 | 7:19 pm

Thanks Guinness (I think I’ll start calling you Alec)

But your username and password to comment would be MrGuinness or whatever your Blogger account username and password is.This will be what you use to sign into your Blogger account to write a post. Once you enter it it will (should) automatically populate on any other blogger comment box.

Unless mine is crap.

August 25th, 2006 | 7:38 pm

Lucy
Let’s see if this sucker works!

August 25th, 2006 | 8:53 pm

Damn, it really did work, I’m impressed!! Now I feel confident enough that I can throw away my old pencils! Eureka!! I’m part of the technology revolution! (Not bad for an old fart!!)
Alex (c), your choice

August 25th, 2006 | 8:56 pm
Loudlush:

Dream jobs rule and they come around when we deserve them. Congratulations!!

August 26th, 2006 | 1:12 am
Anonymous:

OH dude, that fuckin’ rules so much I can’t even tell you! I’m so proud of you and instead of being out with you and faith (I have to clean because mum’s coming back from overseas shortly) I’m sitting here writing a congratulatory comment for you.

CONGRATULATIONS, you frickin’ rule.

Stellaaaa.

August 26th, 2006 | 3:22 am

Well done sweets! Onward and upward as they say. πŸ™‚

August 26th, 2006 | 4:24 am
The very nice man:

Lucy, looks like the blue bird of happiness has just crapped on your birthday cake (weird way of saying ‘YOU ROCK’). I wish you much success and look forward to many blog posts where you share with us what’s going down!
Erik

August 26th, 2006 | 10:12 am
GBE:

Lucy, that’s so fricking fantastic. You go, girl. Now you can tell your old work to piss off and die. Hurrah!

August 26th, 2006 | 3:22 pm
CLaRue:

Awesome news for an awesome chick!

Especially awesome about the free coffee.

August 26th, 2006 | 11:42 pm

Well done, bud. You rule indeed.

August 27th, 2006 | 2:47 am

Alec – A team effort is always a good plan, if all else fails ask a geek πŸ™‚

Loudlush – I really have to thank you for the ‘think of the qualities needed and use examples of it’. I actually used it in the interview and it was awesome, so thank you.

Stella – Aawww thanks Stella, it would’ve been lovely to have seen you. I’ll call you next time I’m out. And chin up baby.

Steph – Thanks man, to be honest I was hoping for just not downwards πŸ™‚

Very nice man – You are a very odd man πŸ™‚ But thank you very much and I will keep posting about everything and nothing.

GBE – God I know, I have to wait for the official paperwork before I give notice so I have to not say anything to anyone, including good work friends until then. I’m toast.

Clarue – Oh I know, I drink far too much coffee so they’re definitely going to notice the new curly haired jittery employee whose drinking all of the coffee πŸ™‚

August 27th, 2006 | 2:56 am

Thanks Marcus, I do indeed rule πŸ™‚

August 27th, 2006 | 2:57 am
Savoy Truffle:

Congratulations! I’m waiting for my chance to spit out an enormous amount for salary and have someone say to me, “sounds fine.”

Way to go you!

August 27th, 2006 | 3:27 pm

Savoy Truffle – To be honest I named a figure I thought I wouldn’t earn until for another couple of years just to test the waters, and really for shits and giggles. I almost died when they agreed.

But tis a sweet sweet feeling πŸ™‚

August 27th, 2006 | 10:50 pm
Anonymous:

Rock on! πŸ˜€ I think the market for all green clothing / accessories just got a little bigger πŸ˜› Many congratulations – Jonathan

August 28th, 2006 | 2:48 am

Thanks duder, although the navy blue market should be scared these days. I think I tapped the green market right out πŸ™‚

August 28th, 2006 | 3:54 am