ugly

Tuesday Aug 22, 2006

If I used the c word it’s how I would describe my day. I’m working from home tomorrow for a couple of reasons, I need to be here for a repair but it also means I’m not at work. I am quite unhappy with my job at the moment.

My old arch nemesis and I are catching up this week to talk about a job opportunity at the company he works for. The job description terrifies me. But something’s gotta give where I am.

I’ve decided cynical is ugly. Not “I’ve just had my heart broken” bitterness, hell that’s just healing. But just this whole all ‘men are arseholes’, ‘all women are whores’ attitude some people have.

While out on Saturday night we were sitting next to a group of women, all our age so mid to late twenties, who bitched about their partners, current and past, the whole time we were there. Keep in mind we were there for a good 4 hours.

And it made them ugly.

There are women out there who will marry for money, fake pregnancies, cheat on you, play with your heart and run off with your best friend. That doesn’t make me one of them. In fact most girls out there are pretty decent, who just want to be happy with someone they love.

And like there are some men out there who will lie to you, who will string you along, who will cheat on you, who won’t commit to anything beyond 3 months, who are emotionally unavailable and those will say anything to get in your pants it doesn’t mean every man you walk past will do the same.

Despite being a judgemental cow who tends to form an instant like/dislike to someone, I refuse to let the one or two guys who haven’t been completely honest or sincere affect the nice ones.

Because to let the guy who broke up with me over the phone while I had glandular fever colour how I see the many good, gorgeous, honest, funny, intelligent boys out?

Makes me a complete idiot.

Loudlush:

Women bitched about current partners for four hours?? That is insane!

August 22nd, 2006 | 5:59 am

And for men to judge tomorrow based on yesterday is also insane…but you should also use yesterday to give perspective and caution to what lays infront.

August 22nd, 2006 | 7:08 am
CLaRue:

I have known women who compete with each other for how much they can bitch about their partners. It’s almost like they choose their partners so they CAN bitch about them. I don’t get it. I don’t get why you’d be with someone you dislike so much you can spend four hours tearing them apart.

August 22nd, 2006 | 3:20 pm

Loudlush – Current and past. It was just retarded the stuff they were getting to towards the end, “He breathes heavily!”

Indiana – Of course, to blindly ignore experience and what you’ve learned is insane. But I’m talking about women projecting what prior partners have done, expecting because one was an asshole so will the next one. If you search hard enough and with enough bitterness for an asshole you’ll find him in any man want.

Clarue – I don’t get it, it’s also something girls do with their friends. I complain about my friends occasionally, if I was to sit down and complain about them for hours I’d guess I’d need new friends.

August 22nd, 2006 | 3:48 pm

I remember being at this place.. I’d say it gets better, but really, there’s no need for me to lie to you..

August 22nd, 2006 | 4:09 pm
Miss Natalie:

I’d rather be in no relationship at all than one that i’m not 100% happy in. I’ve had a hellish ride before, i know the warning signs now.

I could compare my day to yours – so bad in fact i withdrew a post conveying happiness, but its back because i was happy yesterday.

August 23rd, 2006 | 12:39 am

Winter – I do love me some tough love 🙂

Yeah it hasn’t gotten better, in fact it’s gotten much worse than I thought it would. To the extent that I’m writing about it here which is a no-no for me.

Natalie – I knew I wasn’t going crazy about your post. But ditto, if it wasn’t for mens pyjama pants and early nights or after work drinks with the girls I’m unsure how I would get through another work day like yesterday.

August 23rd, 2006 | 1:39 am

I think you’re being a bit unequivocal: cynicism about the opposite sex is ugly, but cynicism about politics, literature, real estate agents, the human race in general and so on are very attractive.

PS: Burgerlicious rocks. So does Oporto and that place on Glebe Point Road. Sydney is therefore Australia’s burger capital.

August 23rd, 2006 | 2:00 am

Ah but I call the hot cynicism bitterness, which I agree is tremendously hot.

And as soon as I’m allowed to eat over 1200 calories a day I am all over Oporto’s like white on rice. Actually maybe paella. Or dim sum.

Crap.

August 23rd, 2006 | 2:13 am

Thinking about pizza, and hamburgers and huge steaks is not going to help you with your 1200 cals.

August 23rd, 2006 | 3:18 am

August 23rd, 2006 | 3:35 am
The very nice man:

You are not a judgemental cow – just a little on edge maybe. Isn’t it funny how we can be quite acid when we are alone but when we are with the right partner, we are all smiles. Your perfect man is out there and you will no doubt meet him when you are not looking for it. If you are an impatient person like me then I will pray it will happen soon.
Until then, keep blogging – it gets rid of frustrations!!
Big (platonic) hugs!