blah blah

Sunday Aug 20, 2006

I have really got to stop heading out on a Saturday afternoon for a quick “couple of beers”, expecting to get home a few hours later. Because I am a big fat dirty liar and the last few times have involved stumbling home at 3 a.m. after ending up dancing my arse off in the dirty dirty Retro.

The thing is I mean it at the time, I head out in jeans, cardigan and thongs with no make up, planning on a few quiet beers. And before you know it you start at a local, change locations to the Newtown RSL, grab food at a burger place called Burgerlicious (because really just for the name you need to eat there) and then you graduate to cocktails at Kuleto’s and you know it’s going to end badly.

The odd thing is I am not the girl who goes out dancing until the wee hours, as previously mentioned I am a nanna and I am fine with that title. I like being at home, I like going to bed at 10 because I’m up at 6, I like staying in Saturday nights watching Parkinson. Because really, having a few drinks or dinner at my house or my friends houses is far more comfortable than being in the middle of the city at 3 a.m. drunk, tired and sore in too high heels trying to get a cab at changeover. In fact really look at that sentence and can you think of anything worse?

Fyi – Nokia phones will predictive text prank as spank. So if you were to send a message to a work colleague asking them to prank you when they’re ready to leave for an off site meeting you would get a very bemused phone call.

Boys who stop contacting you without any reason or explanation are really bloody annoying.

I start the kick start diet thing tomorrow. I can’t tell you how excited I am knowing for the next few weeks I’ll be living off 1200 calories a day with next to no carbs. I know, I know you want my life, no?

God, most boring post ever.

a “good news, bad news” thing.The good news is that there is usually an overiding sub-conscious reason you head out in flip-flops, jeans, etc. The bad news is we’re all human, even at my tender age group, and sometimes “shit happens”, aaaaah, but the better news is you have Sunday to get life back in order, or something close to that! 🙂

August 20th, 2006 | 11:18 am

Guinness – Absolutely, and I do love a lazy Sunday anyway. It’s just that I’m forced to have a quiet one to recover, so win win really.

August 20th, 2006 | 4:16 pm
Anonymous:

Whoa!!!!
Clicked into your Newtown RSL link, now that’s a happenin’ place, unfortunately looking at the up coming groups I’ve not a clue. Anyplace I can get some samples on the net. If “Aussie” music is as good as “Aussie” in touch with the world. I’m interested in listening. (Used to own a coutnry western nightclub, (gotta make a living!!), and went alternative rock, some really great sounds and good musicians, it’s only the body that’s sixty something, the mond is (and always will be) in my early thirties! Ever hear of “Thanks to Gravity”? If not I’ll see if I can send you a copy of thier CD. GREAT SOUNDS!!
Mr. Guinness

August 20th, 2006 | 5:35 pm
Loudlush:

1200 kilojoules a day?? Tell me that you really meant to type in calories.

And despite my nana proclivity when it comes to nightlife, I’ve got to say that some of my very best nights on the tiles have happened when I’ve just gone with the flow.. sans makeup, high heels or expectations.

August 20th, 2006 | 7:25 pm

Loudlush – Yeah that was totally a misprint but I hate to use blogger while I’m at work so it’s gotta stay. But yeah if I was on 1200 kilojoules I’d be dead, or close, or other dramatic hyperbolic statements.

Guiness – I’ve actually been using the Australian MySpace to find new bands. Plus you get to hear their songs without buying them.

August 20th, 2006 | 8:37 pm
Miss Natalie:

OMG! I was ‘invited’ to go to retro on saturday night. i make my stance known, i will never intend to go to retro, just need to ‘end up there’ and regret it the next day 😉

I’m on a diet too, so i claim :-p

August 20th, 2006 | 11:24 pm
Anonymous:

man I want to go to Burgerlicious right now. – jonathan

August 21st, 2006 | 1:17 am

Natalie – Oh I couldn’t agree more, no one ever plans to go to Retro. In fact I’ve never decided to go while sober. If it wasn’t for the awesome 70’s and 80’s music I wouldn’t be there if you paid me.

Jonathan – Dude, are they not the best burgers ever? I forgot you live in the area.

August 21st, 2006 | 4:48 am

Lucy I thought you would realise that a few quiet ones always becomes a few rowdy ones…it’s pub law.

August 21st, 2006 | 6:13 am
actonb:

This is how sad my life is: the idea of dancing at retro is endlessly exotic…

August 21st, 2006 | 5:03 pm

Indiana – Compeltely, until recently though I never paid attention it. A few drinks on a Sunday afternoon were literally a few drinks. It appears this has changed now which my liver is not happy about.

ActonB – If you ever feel the absolute need to drunkenly dance at retro give me a call. (If it helps any I’m at home having early nights 9 out of 10 nights, which are in no way shape or form exotic or interesting.)

August 21st, 2006 | 6:24 pm
Anonymous:

sad to say dude – I’ve never even been to Burgerlicious, the name alone makes me want to eat there :)jonathan

August 22nd, 2006 | 1:41 am