soft

Thursday Aug 17, 2006

Either I am over TheBoyWho or the few kids who read this here site sent enough brotherly vibes that last night was just a great night hanging with friends, with no desperate flinging at uninterested people.

Rock.

Although this hangover is kicking my arse.

Last night was beautifully warm for a winters night, having beers outside at a work local with no coat was delicious. And because I am officially broken I had a steak and left my carb-alicious fries alone.

(If I’m being honest I was at the bar and completely forgot about them and they cleared the table before I got back. BUT I still stuck to a no carb thing. I know, I am awesome)

TheBoyWho is still tremendously hot, he’s Italian so he has the olive skin and dark hair. I just don’t feel anything for him anymore which frankly is one of my fastest turn around time I’ve ever had. Normally there should be at least a year of pining, drunken making out and painful angst before I get to this stage.

Something that did annoy me was the cry of “Soft!” when I wanted to go home at 12 and not continue to a house party. I am perfectly content with being labelled soft, because frankly I am. As it was I got to bed at 1 a.m. last night and walkied into my office at 7:30 a.m. and although I had a great night last night I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little tired today.

But I am fine with the feeling a little bit tired, a little hungover because last night was worth it. But if I’d drunk more and got less sleep? Not worth it anymore for feeling like shit for all of today, and having tonight as a write off because I’m exhausted.

Now, I am all for letting people who want to get 3 hours sleep after 10 hours of hard drinking do their own thing. Because they weigh up their ” Is it worth it” ratio in their head and get a different answer than I do. So they stay out, I go home and everyone gets what they want.

I’m just asking for people to shut up when I decide at midnight on a school night to go home without having to argue why I’d like to go home and sleep.

I refuse to stay out past midnight on a school night. Feck what everyone says, i cannot STAND to be tired and hungover at work.
I grow a second head and am just the narkiest, biatch this side of hell.
I need my sleep. To hell with em!

August 17th, 2006 | 8:17 pm

Exactly. Plus I like sleeping more than anyone I know, if I don’t have 7+ hours under my belt I halve my IQ.

As it is I feel super retarded today and if I’d stayed out any later I’d be useless today.

Glad to know it’s not just me.

August 17th, 2006 | 8:35 pm
CLaRue:

You’re in the office at 7.30?

I’m desperately trying not to get out of bed at 7.30 …

And I usually go to bed about 10. I think I’d like to challenge you for this ‘Most Liking of Sleep’ title, Lucy.

August 17th, 2006 | 9:47 pm

Yeah, I start early at work, but I can leave from 4:30 on so it’s not too bad.

Unfortunately my love of sleep competes with the workaholic side of me, and I definitely don’t get the amount of sleep during the week that I’d like to.

Weekends on the other hand are uber sleep fests.

August 18th, 2006 | 1:51 am
michellesarah:

Sleep… hmm, sleep.

I am unlikely to be out past midnight EVEN on a weekend. I don’t drink alcohol very often and therefore lack the fuel to carry on to more random clubs, pubs and parties with people drunker than I and telling unfunny jokes.

And I just say “Tired. See ya later.” Party-pooper? Perhaps. But when I get home, get snuggled into the covers and cast my mind to said people drunker than I… God, do I feel smug.

Because they’re cold, and I’m comfy. Yeehaa!

ZzzzZzzz

August 18th, 2006 | 10:23 pm
Loudlush:

So glad I found this blog and realised that I’m not in fact being a “Nana” when I want to go home prior to sunrise. I can’t do that hangover headache delivered personally from Satan anymore, just cannot do it. So if the choice is between being heckled and offered Milo and a ruggie as I gather up my belongings at 11pm or not being able to open my eyes past a squint until 3pm the next day, I’m all for copping the abuse.

August 19th, 2006 | 6:26 pm

michellesarah – Ah, you are that very wise person who goes to bed AND doesn’t drink. Far far wiser than I am. But I have to admit to giggling internally when I hear about the kids who kept on going then spent the entire next day violently ill and tired at work. Sweet.

Loudlush – Holy crap, thanks for coming by as I just spent an hour or so reading through all of your archives and I’m kinda in awe.

But the nanna thing is highly underrated, I personally think a Sunday afternoon nap is the sweetest thing in the world. And if I have defend my right to be a nanna then I’ll bloody well do it.

Because if loving sleep is wrong then I don’t ever want to be right.

August 19th, 2006 | 8:38 pm
Loudlush:

Nana’s of the world unit I say!

(Thanks for the compliment, say hi next time you come over!).

August 20th, 2006 | 6:52 pm