the travel

Monday Jan 23, 2006

I flew home from Queensland yesterday after working at our Brisbane site since Thursday night.

It’s been a long few days and I’m glad to be home.

But I have to confess I love staying in hotels.

Especially when work is paying for them.

A 12 hour day Friday, a 14 hour day Thursday and a few hours Sunday morning before the flight home means overtime, which means shoes.

The tech on site who helped us with the switch upgrade had a beard.

I love a man with a beard.

I have no idea where it comes from but they’re a weakness.

In fact big guys with beards. The ex is 6 foot 3 and grows a beard during winter and it was delicious.

I loved the fact he could lift me up and throw me over his shoulder.

Hot.

Men with beards scare me a little. I’m always suspicious about men with beards…and clowns. I think it has something to do with them hiding half their face…or in the case of clowns, their whole face.

January 23rd, 2006 | 5:34 am

Hotels, check.
Shoes, check.
Beards, check.
Muscles to move you into position, check.
Actually understanding what a switch is, check.

Paid for company trips with overtime thrown in…perfect.

January 23rd, 2006 | 4:27 pm

Clown’s freak me out in ways I can’t even begin to explain. Both Stephen King’s It and the serial killer John Wayne Gacy scare the hell out of me.

Indiana – I am totally marrying you, you know this right?

January 24th, 2006 | 12:56 am
Buffy:

I’m always afraid I’m going to lose an eye to a man with a beard. Sharp bristley beards. My own Tall Dark and Handsome tries it on every once and a while….but the fear always returns….so he has to shave.

Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye!

January 24th, 2006 | 1:33 pm

Wow! I might be high maintenance or even really ugly, are you sure?

Buffy: but doesn’t a beard thats the right length just tickle the right way ~grin~

January 24th, 2006 | 4:42 pm

I always found that once the beard got longer than a centimetre or so it got quite soft and was just nice to play with.

(And yes Indiana ticklish.)

But I’m not hugely ticklish so Buffy I completely get it.

Although there is ten times of hotness you’re missing out on.

January 25th, 2006 | 3:28 am